Re: Whims not fulfilling when I travel to a community lot

by puddnnn

Original Post

Re: Almost No Whims Working after Update

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes, this is happening to me as well. It's infuriating, because TS2 and TS3 didn't have this problem. I don't see what the problem is, or why EA isn't fixing it instead of focusing all their attention on finding new ways to recycle old animations. I feel really hurt here, because I feel like EA has completely abandoned the Whims system, what with their no longer adding new ones with new packs. Whims/Wants/Wishes have always been a huge part of my personal style of gameplay, and it really makes me sad that they are no longer working.

I can use the sims.give_satisfaction_points cheat, but it's not as satisfying. If anything, it makes the game even more depressing.

I have been a loyal fan of all the Sims games, and it really doesn't take much to make me happy. I know that EA probably isn't reading this, but if you are, PLEASE listen to us. This is the first game that has become more buggy over time. Please don't ruin this for your fans! We really love the Sims!

ETA: Just an FYI. I removed the list of whims that were and were not completing, because "Share Brilliant Ideas" just completed this time. It looks like it's random whether or not a whim completes, which I suppose would make this harder to solve. I still feel like EA could afford to focus more on fixing problems. This game is starting to rival TS3 in its bugginess, and that's saying a lot.

ETA: I also started a new game and tested various whims on my Sim. She was able to complete every single one until she traveled to the park and then the gym. Two whims--Become Energized and Do a Backflip--would not complete. I think there's something about traveling that triggers this bug, but unfortunately, it's not a guaranteed thing. This is apparently a difficult bug to reproduce on demand. I did see that others mentioned it might have something to do with leaving the game on too long, but I don't think that's it. I have days where I boot up the game and immediately whims aren't fulfilling (at least after travel).

Message 151 of 212 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Novice

It’s so sad. This hasn’t been going on very long for me , that i can recall, at least. It seems like it’s harder for me to earn rewards points and thus pick new rewards traits. Smh 😞

Message 152 of 212 (1,106 Views)

★★★ Novice

It even affects completing resolutions. One of my sim made a resolution to get a new boyfriend. I happened to get one within the last hour and still got a negative moodlet.

Message 153 of 212 (1,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@puddnnnYeah there is another bug that is affecting New Year's resolutions. I made that exact same resolution and it would not fulfill for me either. There is a workaround that seems to work but if you already got the negative moodlet it is probably too late for you to try it. Here's a link to the bug report on that one.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Promotion-New-Year-Resolution-not-fulfilling/td-p/81828...

For whims I just reset them every time I travel and for the most part they work fine (but not always!) until the next time I travel. I do this every time I travel. It's not a perfect fix but it's better than nothing.

Message 154 of 212 (1,083 Views)

Whims not fulfilling

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, seasons, city living, get to work, dine out, vampires, parenthood, laundry stuff, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, vintage glamour stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I haven’t played in a couple months turned on today and installed most recent update and now most of my whims are not fulfilling once completed
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing I have to delete as a whim and move on without getting the aspiration points
What do you expect to see? Aspirations points collect and whim completed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

N/a

Message 155 of 212 (1,012 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

★★★★ Novice
@crinrictArybellaHope Having the same problem, but it doesn't seem to matter where I live...
Message 156 of 212 (979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

No whims fix mentioned in the December 12 patch notes and the bug still appears to be unchanged in my game (no-cc, no-mods).

Lots of other bugs fixed on this patch though, so still a good day. Thumbs up

Edit: The "resetting whims after travel" workaround still looks to be working for most whims.

Message 157 of 212 (910 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Really disappointing that this hasn't been fixed in the latest update. It's been a long time now and this is definitely the top gamebreaking bug for me. Whims/wishes have always been a part of the sims but now it seems they don't even care if they work or not... smh. I am glad that a bunch of stuff was corrected but this was the most important one imo and it's frustrating. 

Message 158 of 212 (897 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just have to be patience, they have stated it they are aware of it, but they cannot promise it will (or any bug) will be fixed soon. 

Rule is everytime you travel, just close all the old whims, and the new ones should fulfil.

Only lock a whim if you plan on fulfilling it before you travel.

Message 159 of 212 (887 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I'll pin the whim to do it later and then when I do it it doesn't complete.

Message 160 of 212 (868 Views)