Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

by ahaze8

Original Post

★★★ Guide

What I've found is that the whims act like they're bound to a specific lot, even when they're not supposed to be. So when you travel to a new lot you have to clear all the whims and let it generate new ones, and usually the newly generated whims can be fulfilled as long as you stay on that lot, but as soon as you travel to another lot you have to start over and clear the whims and let new generate. And you have to do this for everyone in the active family whenever those sims travel anywhere. For now, this workaround seem to work fairly reliably.

It is annoying, and it means that some whims can not be fulfilled ever because they may never regenerate once you clear them.

Message 131 of 212 (1,341 Views)

★★ Guide

I've answered here before but now I have new information. It's not just if you go to a different lot. It's when you go to any loading screen, even for CAS or even if you come back to the original lot. And if you've got it pinned, even if you don't have a loading screen used, it still doesn't work. 

Every time I have a loading screen now, I delete all the whims. But that does mean that any long term whim (such as have a baby, get a certain kind of job work such as being an actress, and the like) won't be accomplished but will sit there. That does give a work around, but not for the best of the whims!

Message 132 of 212 (1,320 Views)

★ Novice

This is happening to my DU save. My sim has been wanting to level up in the programming skill for quite some time now and he's done it twice, but the whim wont go away. I currently have it pinned in my save until it completes 

Message 133 of 212 (1,294 Views)

Re: Almost No Whims Working after Update

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Maeglin73 Complete the whims you want to before traveling and don't pin them to be safe. Foe some people it's travel for some people it's pinning, it also depends if the game itself wants to be nice to you that day or not.
Message 134 of 212 (1,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PurpleSweetTartYep, that's what I've been doing.

I've also noticed that, at least for me, the "Earn $X doing Y" type of whims aren't working in general. I'm doing a freelance author playthrough right now, and if I wake up with a whim to earn $100 in royalties, it doesn't complete when the day's royalties come in, and I'm up to around 4000/day at this point.

Message 135 of 212 (1,159 Views)

This is going on in my game as well, after traveling - haven't tried just loading screens yet. I've just been doing the action, manually giving the satisfaction points and clearing the whim. So that's an option too, though quite a PITA. But what can you do, right? Standard smile

Message 136 of 212 (1,136 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having this problem now too with a variety of whims not showing completed or receiving points. Recently, it was with Sims wanting to buy something. After I buy it, the whim remains.

Message 137 of 212 (1,112 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine has extended even beyond just Whims.  Aspiration steps are not competing.

I have finished (Read changed to Reread in context menu) 4 books in a day and my Nerd Brain 1 Aspiration still says Finish Reading Book 0/3.

Message 138 of 212 (1,105 Views)

Hero
@theunspeakableh There's two threads for that

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Reading-books-not-counting-for-Knowledge-Aspiratio...
and for ROM associated things
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Books-do-not-count-for-reading-aspiration/m-p/8191...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 139 of 212 (1,080 Views)

★★★ Expert

The November 25th patch did not appear to fix this bug for me. I did a quick test on a CC and Mod-free game save and my Whims would not fulfill if I completed the task after travelling to a different lot. Any Whims started and completed prior to any travel still seems to work fine for me. I know there was nothing in the patch notes about a Whims bug fix but I was hoping it would anyway. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next patch.

Message 140 of 212 (1,056 Views)