Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

by bonster08

Original Post

Re: Whims won't complete, don't award points

★ Guide
@bleedsbluekc you don't need to exit the game, try just going to manage worlds, that works for me.
Message 111 of 212 (1,614 Views)

Re: Almost No Whims Working after Update

★★ Novice

i tried repairing the game , deleting the localthumb cache and removing CC and it still does not work

Message 112 of 212 (1,542 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem on PS4 since the latest patch.. Weeding the garden, cooking a meal, watching TV and swiping an object are all ones I can think of off the top of my head that won't fulfill so far.
Message 113 of 212 (1,460 Views)

★★ Guide
@Dmitri_Storm Same here, on PS4. Happened to all sims in my household.. take a vacation day, finish a painting, go swimming, read a book.. whims are not giving points
Message 114 of 212 (1,430 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@VIKING5GRL Seems like any whims I have that are pinned almost never complete. Watch Certain TV Channels, Read a Book, Ask about Day etc. Also PS4. It's like sometimes they do and sometimes they don't
Message 115 of 212 (1,426 Views)

★ Guide

@CrazyWriter94 wrote:

Update: I used the ResetSim cheat (to clear a canceled action that wouldn't disappear from the queue) and now my sim's wishes are fulfilling again. **will stop spamming now, but thought this seemed pertinent** 

I just created a new neighborhood today and Bella Goth was teleporting (different issue), so I reset her. She rolled the Whim to do volunteer work, so I sent her with Alexander to the Nursing Home. The Whim was still there when she returned, unfulfilled.

I had noticed a difference if I lock the Whim or leave it open, but that's not affecting it now. The Whims are broken.

Message 116 of 212 (1,403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I find that if I fulfill a whim and it does not register, I simply 'x' it out and all others will work until I move lots.  I have to do this with the first fulfilled whim each time I move my sims to a different lot.

Message 117 of 212 (1,350 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrictArybellaHope Same. It seems to be if they leave the lot where the whim originally popped up, then you can no longer satisfy that whim. This makes some whims impossible to complete, like "travel to..." whims or "get a promotion". Please fix in the next patch, gurus!
Message 118 of 212 (1,247 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m having similar issues on console PS4 edition, whims work about half the time recently.

Message 119 of 212 (1,231 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, this is really getting frustrating!

Whims DO fulfill after traveling to different lots, but only those that are freshly generated there and are not pinned. I do have to exit frequently to the main menu, or stay put on the same lot for whims to work. I was really hoping this would be fixed with the new patch...so I got really excited when I saw this morning there was a new one.... and..... NOTHING! The whim problem still exists!!! Oh and to add to the fun, now the skill bars above sims heads won't disappear anymore till I (you probably guessed it by now) exit to the main menu. At this point I feel like I am spending more time exiting and loading the game than actually playing it.... 

Message 120 of 212 (1,127 Views)