Whims won't complete, don't award points

by CrazyWriter94

Original Post

Re: Whims not fulfilling when I travel to a community lot

★★★★ Novice

Ya none of my whims generated anywhere, besides where my sims are currently, can be saved and completed somewhere else. Any whims generated at a place must be fulfilled there or out a luck...

Message 81 of 212 (1,667 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

The base game whims to buy a microscope or telescope/observatory has historically never been satisfied since release. There may be more but I unpin or ignore them. There are also caveats /conditions to some whims. An example that comes to mind is the whim to paint on an easel at the museum. You must be in a specific place to complete the whim. This thread is specific to whims but I have also seen delays in aspiration goals being met.
I routinely repair, patch and delete all cache files.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.55.108.1020 Patch 17Sept2019
All content installed thru Realm Of Magic
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 82 of 212 (1,630 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Only my romance related whims are affected, but I believe it is related to these reports.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions, game packs, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to fulfill a romance related whim that the sim currently has (flirt with someone, kiss someone, etc.)
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim rolls a romantic whim. I fulfill the whim by having the sim perform the action, but the whim doesn't complete. It stays on the screen as if it is unfulfilled.
What do you expect to see? I expect whims to award Satisfaction and disappear when the requirements have been met.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No mods or custom content are currently installed or were ever used with the save I am using.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes. Immediately after I installed the Moschino SP and Realm of Magic. It could also be related to the recent patch, but I am unsure of that as I didn't experience the issue until I installed new content.

Message 83 of 212 (1,614 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well, seemingly at random, about 50% of the time. It is not related to specific whims.

Message 84 of 212 (1,571 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue, and I think it's related to travel. If you get a whim but then travel, that whim can't be completed. Any whim that says "do X at a location" thus can't be fulfilled, etc. I first noticed it with the "get married to X" whim in my rotational save, one household had a home wedding and the whim was completed, but the other household traveled to a lot and it wouldn't complete. BTW I don't have Realm of Magic, and I believe this started happening after the Island Living patch or maybe the Moschino update.

Message 85 of 212 (1,557 Views)

★ Guide

A new update came out, this is the second one since the bug with whims accrued! I just played Sims 4 to see if the bug was fixed. It was NOT FIXED. This is absurd to me that EA addressed an issue like this for example- The cheat "clock._set_milliseconds_per_sim_second" should no longer crash the game. If you know what this cheat does, feel free to let SimGuruNinja know.

Like seriously? I never even heard about this cheat, who uses it? But they have not fixed the bug with the whims that is getting in the way of the game play big time! I decided to write to their support and send them the link with this thread. Someone mentioned before that EA doesn't even read this forum, and this seems to be the case. Hope they will pay attention to this and fix it one day! 

Message 86 of 212 (1,521 Views)

★ Guide

OMG... Maybe I'd be better off never contacting them. This is the answer they gave me:

I can understand your concern but as EA is aware about this and already working on this to fix this bug. We're suggesting our players to perform these steps that I have shared above and if that doesn't he;[ then we are asked to ask our players to wait and bug the report.

SickShockedEmbarrassed

Message 87 of 212 (1,508 Views)

★ Novice

This is going on for me too - it's really annoying.

Message 88 of 212 (1,489 Views)
Highlighted

Whims won't complete, don't award points

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just the two EA-made items in the "Free Stuff" category (Holiday Celebration Pack and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar). I've downloaded items from the gallery, but beyond that, nothing.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know if you can or not, but on my computer, I just tell my sim to perform a task associated with a saved whim.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims complete whim tasks, but nothing happens. The game doesn't mark the whim as completed and doesn't award any points for it. I've tried having them repeat the task in case it just didn't take and still nothing happens. This problem exists with every sim I've tried so far.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to hear the "whim completed" music, see the icon light up and disappear, and lifetime reward points to be awarded to the sim's balance.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded the most recent game update through Origin and the bug came into effect directly afterward.

Hi, I just installed the latest update for The Sims 4 on PC and now none of my sims' whims are completing. I'm able to complete tasks for careers and lifetime wishes, but not whims, which is really annoying because whims are one of my favorite parts of the game. I guess I'll turn them off for now, as I know it takes time to diagnose and fix bugs, but I just thought you guys should know. 

Message 89 of 212 (1,460 Views)

Re: Whims won't complete, don't award points

★ Guide
@CrazyWriter94 this has happened to my spellcasters consistently and on specific interactions,especially those concerning reading books,which are also borked as if you try the knowledge aspirations requiring you to read 3 books you may find it impossible to complete
Message 90 of 212 (1,437 Views)