by Jellie1432

Original Post

Not completing whims [The Sims 4]

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino and Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a 'Buy a Microscope' or 'Buy a Observatory' whim from being a Genius and buy these items in not first swatch.
What happens when the bug occurs? The whims are not getting completed
What do you expect to see? Whims being completed regardless of the color swatch of the item
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whims should be completed regardless of the color swatch of the item.

Message 71 of 212 (1,992 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Not completing whims [The Sims 4]

★★★★★ Novice

I'm also having the same problem with my spellcasters. Non spellcasting sims seem to work fine.

Message 72 of 212 (1,929 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

★★ Pro

In my case, it happens randomly. it could be half and half in my game.

Message 73 of 212 (1,917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

For me Whims that I have pinned never work (not sure if unpinning before doing the task in question bypass the issue). Whims that I never had pinner appear to work but I don't really watch them most of the time.

Message 74 of 212 (1,888 Views)

Re: Almost No Whims Working after Update

★★★★★ Apprentice

got the same problem in Willow Creak had the go swimming Whim my sim went swimming but it did not complete.

Message 75 of 212 (1,874 Views)

★ Novice

I am having a similar problem, not just with spellcasters but all sims. If I fulfil a whim shortly after they got it, it will fulfil. It doesn't seem to matter if I have it pinned or not. If they keep the same whim after sleeping or after travelling (sim in question travelling or me travelling with another sim) then the whim won't fulfil.

Message 76 of 212 (1,835 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this same problem for quite a while. Never noticed if travel was related to it. Mostly happens with the whim to get married to another sim. I usually pin that one because I don't intend to have it happen the second appears, so I don't know if that's what may be causing the issue or not. But I haven't been able to satisfy that whim for months. There are others to but that one is the most easily aggravating. I just cancel the whim and give my sims the reward points they would've gotten had they completed it naturally. Would definitely like to see the whim feature fixed and maybe overhauled in the future.

Message 77 of 212 (1,822 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening in my game as well. The Sim I was playing lives in Sulani and travel seems to have no effect on their failure to complete.This Sim rarely travels anywhere. The only places she's traveled to were different neighborhoods in Sulani (she lived on the volcano lot on Mua Pel'am but has since moved to the secluded beach spot in that neighborhood), SM Festivals and The Bluffs. I think pinning them might have something to do with it since the whims most likely to be unfulfilled for me were pinned. Whims that wouldn't complete include; Level up in gardening, Level up in Fishing, make a great catch, water a plant, fertilize a plant, catch 3 fish, and a few more I don't remember.

I play a vanilla game (no mods or CC ever!) and always delete the localthumbcache.package file before every play session. I also tried doing a repair and that didn't work. Unpinned whims 'almost' always complete, but pinned whims never complete. I've resorted to turning whims off, which is a shame since I like to fulfill them if I can for satisfaction points.

My game is up-to-date with patches. I own everything except; ROM GP, Get Famous EP, Fitness, Moschino and MFP SPs.

Message 78 of 212 (1,800 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The only thing I can think of that would be a workaround to this problem & at least satisfactory for everyone with this problem is using cheats to get the satisfaction points that is described on the whim, and then close it, like they have gotten it. I don't recall this happening to me, though, so I can't relate very well.

Message 79 of 212 (1,789 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have the same problem! The whims are met in the short term and when they reappear they become not fulfilled. For example, my teen wanted to write a diary, I fulfilled his wish and the whims was fulfilled. When, after a few days, the whims came again and I instructed him to write in his diary, this whims was not fulfilled. Even if you click away and they come back, they are no longer fulfilled. The older the savegame, the more whims will remain unfulfilled. I have tested it with several new savegames. The game has been repaired multiple times, a new user folder has been generated and the cache files are deleted before each game start.

Message 80 of 212 (1,771 Views)