Re: Ater ROM patch some whims will not fulfill

by PurpleSweetTart

Original Post

★ Guide

@crinrictI'll get this bug even when I'm on my home lot. Most of the time if it's something that's repeatable like a social whim I can get it to complete after a few times, but some don't want to budge, or can't be repeated easily so I just x through to the next set.

Message 51 of 212 (1,521 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. It started to appear once I installed ROM. Repairing the game has not worked, deleting all my mods and CC form the game folder has also had no effect.
However it seems to me that in my case this bug appears 100% in whims that are requiring interacting with another sim (I tried to 'Brag about Possessions' to 10 different sims and the whim was still not fullfilled) or achieving anything skill based (just happened 5 minutes ago with 'Search for Vampire Information on a Computer' - according to the notice I got I have exhausted all info on Vampires on the computer, however the whim is still not fullfilled).

Message 52 of 212 (1,508 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Does EA actually read these bug threads? This is becoming a serious gameplay problem in terms of completing aspirations and being able to get potions and traits. If we can't complete whims and get points, that's a huge problem they need to address. It's a major game mechanic. If EA doesn't care to fix issues, how likely is it that people will buy more packs and give EA more money.

(CM: tweaked font size)

Message 53 of 212 (1,490 Views)

Re: [CL] Sims Cannot Satisfy Give Apartment Key Whim

★★★ Pro

It is not all whims just specific ones. You can merge.

Message 54 of 212 (1,482 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry about the font size, my eyes aren't great.

Message 55 of 212 (1,438 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What do you mean by merge?

Message 56 of 212 (1,441 Views)

★ Guide

1.55.108.1020 patch has not fixed this annoying issue.

Message 57 of 212 (1,393 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

★★★★ Novice

I have this same issue too! It's only happened since one of the latest updates, I think around the time when Realm of Magic became available for me. I finished the 100 baby challenge on this game save and created a new sim using the 'create your own story mode'. It can happen with any type of whim for me and normally occurs on my sims home lot too. In the past I've quit the game and reloaded and it has fixed itself however this method is not working at the moment. My home lot is in Strangerville and I have every pack apart from Realm of Magic, Moschino Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Spooky Stuff and Perfect Patio Stuff. My current version is 1.55.108.1220

Message 58 of 212 (1,372 Views)

★ Guide
@imhotep168 I was hoping it would! They fixed some issues that I never had in my game...
Message 59 of 212 (1,366 Views)

★★★ Guide

Me too, I either can't play or leave my house, because whims can't be fulfilled, A got a Dog Lover sim, a lot of her whims are like meeting a dog or cat and how, this requires me to go out and if I go out, the whim(s) cannot be fulfilled. without be abling to fulfil whims I have no direction of gameplay.

Message 60 of 212 (1,322 Views)