Re: Whims not able to be satisfed since most recent patch

by lisamarieb23

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

★★ Guide

Noticed this today, too. The sims are in their home in San Myshuno, they're a couple with a toddler, all created (and born) after RoM came out. She's a spellcaster, he's a human, daughter is weak-bloodlined caster. Save itself is ancient, and I have used mods in all these years, although most of the time just simsinfo and no-mosaic.

Both parents got 'buy a toy' whim, pinned, bought several toys, both from build mode and toy box, doesn't fulfill. Toddler had 'ask mother to show flash cards', did so, nothing. Probably more, but just adding a 'this is a thing that is clearly happening' list.

Message 41 of 212 (1,916 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having multiple bugs since the patch. My whims will not complete if I have it pinned and once I get a new whim it will not change to a new one until I click the X. I also can't complete several of my aspiration check lists. Like reading 3 books for Nerd brain. I've read 6 books and only shows one read. Also odd jobs will only allow me to complete them if I do not have to go to a location. Like Sulani Beach to catch frogs, I will catch the frog at the waterfall but it won't show in my check list that I've completed it. Same with Freelancer job. Every time I complete a task it will not register. 

Message 42 of 212 (1,898 Views)

★ Guide
@lisamarieb23
For everyone who is having this issue with whims there are two known workarounds for this so far. I use both of them in my game.
1. When you travel to a new location, save your game, exit to Manage Worlds, then go back to play your family, the pinned whims will fulfill in the new location. The downside to this is that you will have to do this every time your sim travels to a new location.
2. When you travel to a new location just delete your old whims and the new whims that spawn in the new location will fulfill. This was suggested by KATHYKINS (thank you so much!!!) I tested this- it does work. The downside is, that you can't pin any whims before you travel.
Combining these two methods allows me to continue playing! I do hope they fix this soon!
Message 43 of 212 (2,092 Views)

★ Guide
@justyniaok1 Thanks! It works for most whims, just a bit tedious! However, those whims to travel to another lot might not work. We still hope EA could fix this glitch ASAP.
Message 44 of 212 (2,059 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been playing with base game - no packs, cc or mods - and none of my whims are completing either. I repaired the game through Origin, turned whims off and on again... nothing's worked, and it's really starting to bug me.

Message 45 of 212 (2,028 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having the 'Whims not fulfilling' since sometime yesterday. The problem is sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I play with a spellcaster and Patchy the Scarecrow (that's been added to my household) and it's also effecting their Aspirations as well.

Message 46 of 212 (1,998 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The romantic whims seem to be the ones that are giving me trouble - no mods or cc, fully patched and ROM installed, new save.  Sometimes, a romantic whim will fulfill; most of the time, it won't, and it might be the same whim that works and then doesn't.

Message 47 of 212 (1,921 Views)

Ater ROM patch some whims will not fulfill

★★★ Newbie

Since downloading ROM i can not get some of my caster's whims to fulfill.  some will some won't.  the ones that won't will not clear from the screen.  i have to delete it even after multiple times at fulfilling it.  i have not tried doing this on non-casters.  never had problems with whims before the ROM patch.

Message 48 of 212 (1,898 Views)

Re: Ater ROM patch some whims will not fulfill

Hero
@ozmodian This is a known bug if you go travelling.

I merged your post with the existing bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 212 (1,870 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This has also been happening to me since the last update. I do not have MS, MFPS, or ROM. My current Sim lives in SM. It's very random it seems and it seems to happen more with my locked whims. 

Message 50 of 212 (1,826 Views)