Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

by comicsforever

Original Post

Hero
I wonder, there seems a few issues with going travelling and then stuff not fulfilling.

Do the whims fulfill if you stay on your home lot until you did them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 212 (2,529 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
I wonder, there seems a few issues with going travelling and then stuff not fulfilling.

Do the whims fulfill if you stay on your home lot until you did them ?

Yes, if you stay on the home lot, your whims will fulfill. Even if you change your aspiration or dismiss some whims. Once you travel, they no longer work appropriately. I have noticed that sometimes whims will fulfill on the lot you travel to, and sometimes they will not. However, once you return to your home lot, they consistently do not.

Message 22 of 212 (2,506 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same problem. Started after September patch.It's frustrating when you try to complete it and it's not fullful. This was a clean install the second time. And it's on 2 pc

Message 23 of 212 (2,516 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I am also having this trouble for me the whims that don't work are ask about day and be funny with

Message 24 of 212 (2,487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Im having the same problem. Started a new save with RoM. Be funny with, kiss (sim), chat with (sim) and search for vampire information on computer are not fulfilling.  I removed all mods and cc and deleted the localthumbcache before installing RoM. 

Message 25 of 212 (2,461 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue and it happens regardless of location/neighbourhood etc. I have experienced the following issues with whims:

For at least 1 year:

Get married to x does not fulfill when you get married 

Since the September patch or RoM expansion these are the ones I have encountered issues with:

Get to know x 

Have x become boyfriend/gf

Message 26 of 212 (2,444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The "Get Married" whim has been broken for a year if not longer for me.

Recently though, after the newest patches more whims have stopped working.

Get promoted, get married, level up in a specific skill... Those are all broken in my game and won't fulfill.

Message 27 of 212 (2,434 Views)

Re: Almost No Whims Working after Update

★ Guide

This has been happening for me before and after the patch. It happens like 50/50 for me. I remember specific being upset when my two sims wanted to marry each other and they did but the whim never fulfilled. 

Message 28 of 212 (2,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I too have this problem.

I'm playing in the new world Glimmerbrook with a newly created sim. Their pinned whims "Get A Promotion" and "Earn §1000 (0/1000)" aren't being completed despite the fact that they have been promoted, as well as have earned money. The whim(s) that aren't able to be pinned completes though. I also tried completing a whim that is able to be pinned but leaving it unpinned. It did not solve the problem, the whim was left uncompleted despite fulfilling its criteria. (In this case it was the whim "Buy an Instrument")

So the whim that is on the left side seem to be able to complete, whereas the other two do not complete, at least for me.

An update:

After my sim received a curse (Curse of Repulsiveness) the middle and right side whims suddenly were able to be completed. Even after loading up my game today to play some more with the same sim, I am able to complete all three whims

Message 29 of 212 (2,389 Views)

Re: Whims not fulfilling when I travel to a community lot

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem (on community lots but this problem also occurs at my Sim's home as well. My Sim has the songwriting aspiration and it does not give credit points for "Work on Writing a Song" at the home or the community lot. My Sim lives in Windenburg but I end up taking her to San Myshuno to the Arts Center to write songs because of the lot traits.

Message 30 of 212 (2,390 Views)