Re: [OPEN] Whims not fulfilling

by Citysim9997

Original Post

Re: [CL] Sims Cannot Satisfy Give Apartment Key Whim

Hero
@canelacaliente Is this the only whim you're having issues with ?

There currently seems to be a general issue with whims as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Whims-not-fulfilling/td-p/8180364/

Leaving it separate if it's just this one, otherwise I will probably merge it

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 212 (2,725 Views)

Re: Almost No Whims Working after Update

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@dolldrms1With this problem if I exit the game, and then run it again all the whims fulfill. Does this solution work for everyone or just me?
I’ve also noticed that after this, when I play for a while the whims won’t fulfill even if I don’t travel.

Message 12 of 212 (3,908 Views)

★ Pro

@justyniaok1 

In my game, yes, if it is restarted all whims on the home lot will again fulfill. Remains that way until I travel again, so far.

I haven't yet encountered whims not fulfilling on the home lot without travel being involved but perhaps I haven't been able to play long enough to see that happen. I will be on the lookout for that whenever I next have the chance to play as long as I feel like it, without RL demands cutting a play session short Standard smile Thanks for posting what you are seeing in your game. I hope you took the time to hit the "me too" button as well.  That really helps QA determine if many people are seeing the same issue.

Message 13 of 212 (3,136 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Whims not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue, however it seems to be related to a particular sim rather than a location.  My sim is in the Willow Creek location.

Also finding that as well as whims not completing, this sim is unable to complete his new year resolution.  I picked gain or increase a skill but despite raising his cooking and fitness skills he has still not completed the resolution. 

The whims that have specifically not worked are buy a bee box, bond with bees, woohoo, take a vacation day (he has now taken three while this whim is pinned and it is still there), along with numerous others. I recall these specifically as I pinned them to test if it was my imagination that they are not working. I am finding that whims relating to the sim's mood do fulfill and it seems to be the others that don't. 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Moschino Stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea since I wasn't doing anything specific to cause it. 
What do you expect to see? I expect whims to award Satisfaction and disappear when the requirements have been met.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated to the most recent version.

No idea if it is related but I am also finding that since the last update I cannot run Origin without first going through the whole deleting cache and restarting the computer annoyance.  

ETA: Been keeping an eye on this to see if I can spot any patterns or something triggering the issue.  It has now moved onto more than one sim and happens regardless of whether they have traveled or not (I tested a earn $50 in tips at the local park and it failed, but others are home based like the bee box ones).  It also fails to fulfill whether the whim is pinned or not.  

Message 14 of 212 (3,122 Views)

★ Guide
@dolldrms1 I did! Thank you for letting me know though! Hope they fix this soon!
Message 15 of 212 (3,099 Views)

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100% (None of the whims are resolving)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Strangerville, Vampires, My first pet and Spooky stuff.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I play a family in Windenburg. The issues began immediately after installing the most recent update. I haven't had any whims complete, even when I try them multiple times. For example, my Elder Sim had a whim to buy a bee box. So I bought one. No change. So I bought her another. Still it won't complete. None of them have completed for me since the new updated patch from this past week (Sept.) (And I've played for several hours each day since then with no improvement, no matter what I try.)
What do you expect to see? I expect whims, when completed, to disappear and award points.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? When I first noticed them, I did have both mods and custom content. So I removed them but the problem did not stop.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made: Installation of the Sept 2019 patch. 

Message 16 of 212 (3,075 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I’ve tried deleting localthumbcache file as well as repairing the game, unfortunately that did not help. The only cure as of right now is to save exit and start the game again.
Message 17 of 212 (3,062 Views)

★ Apprentice

This problem is also occurring in my game. I just tested in my build save and a fresh save. In both, whims fulfilled on the lot the home lot (loaded there) worked fine. If I traveled, they no longer worked. Even if i returned to the home lot, if that's relevant.

Message 18 of 212 (3,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I think this is a general gameplay issue and happens when the game is left open long enough. I've had it happen both on a date at a restaurant, and at home (not immediately after traveling). From other bug reports it's happening with all sorts of whims.

A (very annoying) "workaround" for me, since my play revolves around whims, is restarting the game. Hope this gets fixed soon.

EDIT:

travel might have something to do with it. I've had the issue begin happening right after traveling for a date 2x now. Both were shortly, only a few min or less, after opening the game.

However in one case, I restarted the game to get whims to work; they worked for the rest of the date; continued working after we had gone home; and then worked for a period of gameplay, maybe 30min realtime/1 day in-game, before the bug reoccured.

In all three cases it happened immediately after I opened "select new aspiration" and explored aspirations. I think in every case I just looked at my progress without actually switching aspiration. I can't remember if I've been able to change or view aspirations without this problem.

Message 19 of 212 (3,021 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Here two so far I found it Impossible to fulfil.

Level up in Handiness Skill never fulfils even after working hard to raise it from 3 to 5, I tried twice until I gave up.

Pet a Cat didn't work either, despite pet my OWN cat or then I tried a stray cat.

Message 20 of 212 (3,003 Views)