Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Whims: Same-sex Couple Wants to Try For Baby

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a household with 2 female Sims in a married relationship
What happens when the bug occurs? They keep getting the whim to "try for baby with..." each other
What do you expect to see? I expect to not be given whims which are outside the scope of the game's capabilities.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I am unsure if this is new, but I haven't encountered it before (though I haven't played many same-sex couples)

Screenshot attached of "try for baby with" whim issue. The couple is Nancy Landgraab, and a female Sim I created.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 23 (5,951 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gay whim to "Try For Baby" ...and good for them!

Hero

Archiving this thread as per Patch 1.90.358 as Whims are being replaced by Wants & Fears. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 23 (2,905 Views)

All Replies

Re: Multiple Whim-Related Issues

Hero
@cearwylm Could you edit this post to just make it about the baby whim ? Need a thread per issue.

The other issue is a known one and has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Whims-not-fulfilling/td-p/8180364

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (5,891 Views)

Re: Multiple Whim-Related Issues

★★ Apprentice

edited, thanks!

Message 3 of 23 (5,826 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Whims: Same-sex Couple Wants to Try For Baby

★★ Guide

Have you previously edited one of them to make others pregnant, or set that for your sim during CAS? I've noticed this Whim appearing after making that change for a same-sex couple in my game, even though I reverted it after they had their first child.

Note that same-sex pregnancies aren't outside the capabilities of the game, and this may just be an issue where the game forgets to check the compatibility between partners for pregnancy.

Message 4 of 23 (5,771 Views)

Same here.

Message 5 of 23 (5,711 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Bra1nBlast3d wrote:

Have you previously edited one of them to make others pregnant, or set that for your sim during CAS? I've noticed this Whim appearing after making that change for a same-sex couple in my game, even though I reverted it after they had their first child.

Note that same-sex pregnancies aren't outside the capabilities of the game, and this may just be an issue where the game forgets to check the compatibility between partners for pregnancy.

No, I hadn't edited either

Message 6 of 23 (5,702 Views)

Same gender Sims wanting to Try for Baby whim

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampire, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two Sims of the same gender (both cis) married.
What happens when the bug occurs? A Sim is getting the whim to Try for Baby with their spouse who has the same set of reproductive organs as them.
What do you expect to see? Impossible whims not popping up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Recently, one of my Sims keeps having the Try For Baby whim, when she's in a relationship with another (cis) woman. So, as amazing as science is in the game, I don't think that's yet possible.

mhnnn.jpg

Like it's lovely to see, but...

Message 7 of 23 (5,586 Views)

Re: Same gender Sims wanting to Try for Baby whim

Hero
@MeltingPenguins Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 23 (5,541 Views)

★ Guide
@MeltingPenguins This is annoying but considering you can take your sim to the wardrobe and make it able to impregnate others...
Message 9 of 23 (5,148 Views)

★ Guide
@Vatzfu , IIRC you can't without forcing full sim edit mode by cheat (or Gallery upload>download>edit shenanigans, didn't tried the latter) - which may cause unintended consequences.
Message 10 of 23 (5,046 Views)