Re: Same gender Sims wanting to Try for Baby whim

by Vatzfu

Original Post

★ Guide
@eustacecs For some reason I can use "change Sim" in both the mirrors and wardrobes and the switches show up there, I haven't used any codes and when I force full edit the only thing that changes is that I can edit the age, muscle and weight
Message 11 of 23 (991 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Whims: Same-sex Couple Wants to Try For Baby

★★★ Apprentice

I get this issue with ghost couples as well, despite ghosts being unable to participate in having a child under any circumstance. 

Message 12 of 23 (921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Vatzfu  There's a ... under gender where you can change gender options. 

I get this all the time, but I've also turned on same-sex try for baby in MCCC, so it makes sense for me to get it.  Amusingly, I once had a 3rd trimester pregnant Sim get a "Try for Baby with [Wife]" whim and shouted "YOU'RE.  ALREADY.  PREGNANT!!!!!" at the screen.  LOL!

(Also, I was disappointed that my Sim couldn't Try for Baby with her husband who was pregnant via alien abduction.  ROTFL.  I guess the hormones were going haywire?)

Message 13 of 23 (902 Views)

★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn I just said that because it feels weird to do this kind of thing without cheat codes, it can't be normal to be able to change your gender and reproduction settings by casually using a mirror lol. I use this for fun when I'm bored but thats it.
Message 14 of 23 (869 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Vatzfu  I can see that.  I used to make my same-sex couples adopt, but... meh, no, it's the Sims, if they want bio children they can have them!  We'll pretend it's some kind of in vitro procedure that hasn't been developed yet in reality.  Wink

Message 15 of 23 (855 Views)

Champion

@Vatzfu I never noticed until you mentioned it but I tested it and I was able to change gender settings from a mirror; the change sim option.  I didn't have the fulleditmode cheat on. It is kinda weird.

@xochiquetzl_xkvn I usually just pretend the sims got a spellcaster to magically alter them so they can have a baby. Standard smile

It is a very odd bug indeed, considering the whim tells you how to try for baby but it isn't possible for same-sex couples unless you've change the default male/female gender settings.  As old as the OP is, I wonder if it's ever going to be fixed.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 16 of 23 (847 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@JonaO703  My impression is that they've pretty much given up on whims, alas.

Despite mocking some silly whims ("Try for baby?  YOU'RE THIRD TRIMESTER PREGNANT!!!!!") I like them.  Sometimes they're cute, sometimes I complete them by accident and get satisfaction points, Wink and I loves me some satisfaction points!  (Also, pets and "Feel the Love," anyone who's saving up for Potion of Youth or some other great reward should get a pet.  <3 But I digress!)

But yes, same-sex Sims can try for baby, depending on how willing you are to edit their gender settings.  :D

Message 17 of 23 (794 Views)

★★ Guide
@Vatzfu It’s weird, but forcing players to use cheats to do this would be annoying for console players because they’d lose achievement progress.
Message 18 of 23 (759 Views)

★★★ Novice
@cearwylm I understand (and love!) the Custom Gender feature. However, not only are both my dudes set to the default of "Get Others Pregnant," but when one clicks on the other, there isn't even an option to "Try For Baby." It's JUST in the whims.
Message 19 of 23 (678 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@michaelottinger  The whim will pop up regardless of how you have your gender settings setup. The game seems to just see the fact that you have two married sims, and seems to ignore not only their actual gender but also the gender options you can change in create a sim. So the problem is that instead of the game just going "oh these two are married, roll baby whim!!" it should look deeper and see whether or not the sims are capable of it.

It's like how if your sim is already married and then at the same time goes steady with someone else, your sim can (and most likely will) roll the "get engaged" whim even though it's not possible without a divorce. This makes sense if your character has certain traits and whatnot, but not every sim should be rolling this just like not every couple should roll the whim to try for a baby. Maybe have an adoption whim for sims that aren't setup to have biological children...

Message 20 of 23 (671 Views)