Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Some Styled looks changes hair and face

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except bust the dust and throwback fit kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to CAS with a Male sim and select any swatch from the "Well Traveled" Styled look that came with Incheon Arrivals
What happens when the bug occurs? The hair color and style, the eye color, and the freckles from the model are transferred onto your sim in addition to the clothes
What do you expect to see? Just the clothes and accessories are transferred to my sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded Incheon Arrivals Kit

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, merged thread, adjusted title.

Edit by Crinrict: Merged another thread with 7 me toos

Message 2 of 24 (3,444 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [DHD] Styled Look Changes Hairstyle

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims love a good makeover, but when switching Styled Looks in CAS it's taking it a bit far your Sim’s appearance changes, not just their outfits. Styled Looks will now update just the outfit your Sim is wearing and not make them a totally different Sim.

Fixed in Patch 1.95.207/1.69

I haven't checked them all and some have their own threads so if you have new ones still happening, please just create a new thread for now.

I've checked the ones in this thread (although not all swatches) and these appear to be fixed.

These two are still open

The werewolf outfit is still broken: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/W-Patched-Punk-styled-outfit-gives-shorts-instead-of-the-pants...

Child Dream Home, Teal: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DHD-Styled-Look-Dream-Design-Teal-children-changes-hair/m-p/10...

Please create a new thread for any new ones you find

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (1,773 Views)

All Replies

[DHD] Styled Look Changes Hairstyle

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs except for Journey to Batuu and Courtyard Oasis kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select the Handiness Required styled look (last fifth swatch) for your male Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The styled look changes the hairstyle and hair color of the selected Sim.
What do you expect to see? The styled look shouldn't change the Sim's hair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Dream Home Decorator GP.

The styled look changed the Sim's hair and its color:
Styled_Look_Bug.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 24 (2,998 Views)

Re: "Well Traveled" Styled look changes hair and eyes

Hero
Looks like the same issue like this for different outfit: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DHD-Styled-Look-Changes-Hairstyle/td-p/10584876

Keeping separate for now, might merge later.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 24 (3,382 Views)

Problems with Incheon Arrivals Kit

★★ Guide

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.48
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open CAS, make a male sim, put him into the Well Traveled look from the Incheon kit.
What happens when the bug occurs? His features will change, hair color and style, eye color, and facial hair.
What do you expect to see? Male sims features not changing to something different when wearing styled looks (or any clothing).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There may be other issues with that Kit's clothing, but this is the only outfit I've noticed so far with this particular problem.

Message 4 of 24 (3,321 Views)

'Well traveled' changes hair, eyebrows and adds freckles to male sims.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.86.157.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Basegame Expansions: Get to work, Get together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living Game packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, My Wedding Stories Stuff packs: Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Gardent Stuff, Kids room stff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My first pet stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal Kits: Bust the dust, Country Kitchen, Courtyard, Industrial loft, Incheon, Blooming rooms, Décor to the max
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make any male sim and click styled looks. Chose the first look from the Incheon kit. (Well traveled)
What happens when the bug occurs? Changes hair, haircolor, eyebrows and adds freckles to the male sim modeling the clothes. The rest of the face stays the same. He is very handsome but sometimes I just want ugly sims.
What do you expect to see? I only expect the clothes to change.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started with my very good boy Steve: very cute and very all around nice guy. I change his clothes to hip Incheon outfit and BAM, he becomes sexy Steve. I no longer trust him.

In all seriousness though, I tried on lots of male sims (I also checked female sims but saw no problems) and I made Steve to make it easier to see the changes. I noticed this before the latest patch (the wedding pack fix) but bought Incheon with the wedding pack and decor to the match so I don't know if this is a new issue. The issue is there with and without mods.

I also attached a screenshot of a few tries I've made. It's small but as you can see they have a few similarities except their fashion sense.

Message 5 of 24 (3,120 Views)
Highlighted

[DHD] Brown swatch of 'Handiness Required' Styled look changes face/hair

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Product: The Sims 4
    What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
    What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs City living Cottage living Discover university Eco lifestyle Get famous Get to work Get together Island living Seasons Snowy escape Dine out Dream home decorator Jungle adventure Outdoor retreat Parenthood Realm of magic Spa day Vampires Cool kitchen stuff Kids room stuff Laundry day Moschino stuff Nifty knitting Paranormal Tiny living
    Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into create a sim, or just plan an outfit for your sim. Make sure you use a male sim, and go to everyday outfits. Click on styled outfits and find the one titled Handiness Required, from interior decorator, and click on the brown swatch.
    What happens when the bug occurs? Your sim changes into the sim in the picture, face and clothes.
    What do you expect to see? Sim should just change outfit, not faces.
    Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
    Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs City living Cottage living Discover university Eco lifestyle Get famous Get to work Get together Island living Seasons Snowy escape Dine out Dream home decorator Jungle adventure Outdoor retreat Parenthood Realm of magic Spa day Vampires Cool kitchen stuff Kids room stuff Laundry day Moschino stuff Nifty knitting Paranormal Tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into create a sim, or just plan an outfit for your sim. Make sure you use a male sim, and go to everyday outfits. Click on styled outfits and find the one titled Handiness Required, from interior decorator, and click on the brown swatch.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your sim changes into the sim in the picture, face and clothes.
What do you expect to see? Sim should just change outfit, not faces.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 6 of 24 (3,027 Views)

Re: [DHD] Brown swatch of 'Handiness Required' Styled look changes face/hair

Hero
@shadowhuntergal3 Looks like the same issue as for the well travelled styled outfit here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-IAK-Well-Traveled-Styled-look-changes-hair-and-eyes/td-p/...

Might merge these threads later but leaving separate for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (3,007 Views)

Styled Look Swatch Changing Sim's body

★★★ Novice

In CAS when picking the styled look "Handiness Required," the last last swatch color (brown) changes the created sim to the mock up sim showing off the outfit. I attached a PNG with two snapshots of my sim, with the purple version of the outfit, then with the brown version. 

Message 8 of 24 (2,931 Views)

Style 18 changes my sim to a different sim

★★ Novice

I just noticed this today (07/29/2022), when I go to styled looks and I go to style 18 for a teen, it changes my sim completely. My original sim is the guy with white hair and a headband, not the guy with short black hair, as he is the one modeling the style of clothes. The only way to get my regular sim back is to press the undo button. Otherwise, it just continues to be the model. It only seems to happen with style 18.

Message 9 of 24 (2,873 Views)

Re: Style 18 changes my sim to a different sim

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways. 

Merged thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (2,842 Views)