[FIXED] Weirdly dress NPCs at festivals/night clubs/parties

by Fierande

Original Post

Re: Weirdly dress NPCs at festivals & night clubs

@SimQARoboThis is really not okay design. I deliberately choose party and formal outfits that I want Sims to show up in at nightclubs and lounges. They should be changing into their CAS-selected outfits, not randomized ones. There's a reason we can easily edit NPCs in Household Management!! And this is the reason.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 41 of 61 (1,335 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here.

Message 42 of 61 (1,303 Views)

★★ Expert

@SimQARobo wrote:

@crinrict

My understanding is that the change was made to attempt to improve this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-wearing-wrong-outfits-at-venues-parties/td-p/4352100

So NPC's should no longer be wearing everyday outfits to clubs/lounges/etc.  However, if there are still concerns with how the Sims look, players are free to post feedback here or the Feedback forums.

hello. i'd like to think that our... concerns are thought of as valid. for the time being i had to change my favourite venue's type to "bar" to keep my Sims from walking into HatWorld every day. i'll take the casual clothing all Sims used to wear before this "fix" over... whatever category it is they've been showing up in lately. thank you for reading.
Message 43 of 61 (1,284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

so... this is by SimGuruNeel at TS4 Feedback forums:

Got linked to this thread from Twitter today. Sims should not be showing up with hats and accessories 100% of the time, we'll take a look at what's going on. Thanks for the reports.

:eahigh_file:

(edit: also,

Will look into what happened with respect to the outfit categories as well.)

Message 44 of 61 (1,268 Views)

★★ Expert

update: SimGuruNeel at TS4 Feedback forums said:

Testing a fix for Sims that show up to the nightclub to change into their party outfits, instead of randomizing a new outfit.

Message 45 of 61 (1,223 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@unseenlarks wrote:

update: SimGuruNeel at TS4 Feedback forums said:

Testing a fix for Sims that show up to the nightclub to change into their party outfits, instead of randomizing a new outfit.

This is great news. :D

Hopefully it applies to more than just that one venue/social event type though.

Message 46 of 61 (1,206 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Weirdly dress NPCs at festivals/night clubs/parties

★ Guide

Another thing to prove that this is, in fact, a bug is that these outfits seem to override other outfits assigned to them. Just the other day, my Sim attended a party at the Bluffs and just when my Sim was leaving, another of my Sims whom I was not currently controlling showed up. A few hours later, my Sim had his wedding and the other Sim who showed up at the party was invited. Rather than showing up in his formal outfit like the rest of his guests and like he should, he showed up in the same outfit he used for the party. Thank god I have MCCC so that I could immediately change that outfit, but like come on. He seriously would've attended a wedding looking like that. Extremely annoying, thank god for SimGuruNeel for working on a fix. Let's all hope that this fix will be there sooner rather than later.

Message 47 of 61 (1,170 Views)

Hero

• Sims that show-up for Dance related events (such as Dance Party, Party at the Bluffs, or similar) will now show-up wearing the outfit they have in their Party category, rather than some other randomly assigned attire.

Fixed in Patch 1.37.35

I'm currently unsure if the festival outfits are also fixed.

Taking feedback for that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 61 (5,910 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

hi. the patch notes didn't specify venues, only "events", but i can see Sims in their everyday* outfits at nightclubs now. i hope the festival outfits are fixed as well.

(*sorry, haven't checked all of the NPCs' outfits yet, to see if they're everyday or party outfits.)

Message 49 of 61 (1,026 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Romantic festival looks extremely good. Normal clothes in nightclubs. No glasses or hats.

Message 50 of 61 (1,026 Views)