[FIXED] Weirdly dress NPCs at festivals/night clubs/parties

by Fierande

Original Post

Re: Weirdly dress NPCs at festivals & night clubs

★★★★ Guide

My account is about 4 years old there, but not much post history. So that'd probably be why. :P

Message 21 of 61 (872 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

some discussion here and here. i never ended up understanding how it works out.

an explanation was:

"Yes, this has been a problem since the CL patch. It first started with giving them outfits for the festivals, then it was supposed to be fixed but was never really fixed. Now it seems the patch just decided to dress your Sims with regular outfits instead of festival ones. Have no idea if this would be caused by if the Sims are favored or not, but the game has been messing with people's outfits for their Sims since the CL patch."

Message 22 of 61 (859 Views)

★ Guide

I can actually create new threads on the Sims forums as I am a member, but I'm not sure how to compose. If anyone has any suggestions or would really like to see a thread being created about it I'd love to create one, though. Just gotta think of how to formulate this first, as I don't usually visit the feedback section of the forum - I mostly hang around the general discussion threads.

Message 23 of 61 (852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

tbh i don't know how to word it either. also since this has apparently been happening since CL, only with festival clothing, and now is spreading... i have no idea how to compare, since i don't own CL and i had never seen this before.

i was told it was normal behaviour, that the game assigned the necessary outfits to Sims spawning on the lot i was visiting.

however i think this isn't needed. each Sim (especially those i have created, which i don't really want altered) already has outfits from each category. now, each time i visit a venue, everyone will have a different outfit than the day before. always a hat and accessories. the hat will sometimes stay, or the glasses, but something always changes.

i don't see why the game would generate different clothes, knowing the categories are already there for a reason. i mean, i don't see the use for choosing in CAS if the game is going to override my selections.

Message 24 of 61 (845 Views)

Hero

I would mostly make it about Why have party categories if they're not used and that it looks ridiculous to have them wear hats to everything. I mean, it's mostly about wanting our games to look like we want it and if we can't control how Sims look at parties, why even have the category ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 61 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

WHAT ??? this random mess is by design ??? is this yet another of the bad jokes lately or what ?

1. there is a party/clubbing outfit category in CAS

2. sims ought to use that when they are at clubs

or WHEN/ at which occasion do they ought to use clubbing outfits ?

or does mean "by design" "we are not able to code that mess out of our game" ?

Message 26 of 61 (807 Views)

★ Guide

I created a discussion about it on the feedback section of the forums:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/929309/let-sims-wear-their-assigned-cas-outfits-instead-...

I might have worded things a bit strongly, as I'm really pretty annoyed by the fact that this is supposed to be by design. Sorry for that, I might edit things a bit later on! Standard smile 

Message 27 of 61 (794 Views)

★★ Expert

thank you, @Fierande!

Message 28 of 61 (769 Views)

Hero

Thanks .. added that to the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 61 (766 Views)

★★ Novice

Greetings !

"Still concerns with how the sims look" ? Sorry, but this must be a joke ! Since months player could fix this bug with the MCCC Mod ! So I definitely don't understand, why Maxis obviously isn't able to fix this game breaking bug.

I wanted to buy the console version and the coming DCL's, but I will cancels this today. I won't spend 100 Euros for a game, which decides for me how my sims have to look. And on console.....no modders there, who could help and fix this mess for maxis.....

Message 30 of 61 (757 Views)