Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[OPEN] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

by simvasion

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Sims wear random outfits and clothing

Hero
@the_sniper_boy94 Those are situational outfit. The outfits as such are on purpose and not a bug but the weirdness on them are so I've merged your post with the current report on this.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 101 of 104 (234 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Cosplay Sims at Geekcon are changing out of their cosplay situational outfits and wearing weird ones.  Here is an image:

06-28-20_5-40-08 PM.png

The Sims was originally wearing the Space Ranger outfit as his cosplay outfit.

The only cosplay outfits are:

• Aayla Secura
  • Cartoon Plumber
  • Darth Maul
  • Darth Vader
  • Leia
  • Llama Man/Woman
  • Grim Reaper
  • Hacker - Tech Guru Career level 4
  • Oracle
  • Smuggler
  • Space Ranger

I think I have them all.  I don't think I missed any.

Situational Rain Outfits are adding hats and glasses to Sims.  Also, the Sims aren't even wearing raincoats.  Here is an example using Johnny Zest:

06-28-20_8-25-25 PM.png06-28-20_8-26-22 PM.png

Message 102 of 104 (141 Views)
Highlighted

Sims wearing unassigned hijabs and random clothes

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure, but I'm up-to-date as far as I know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Seasons, Parenthood, Landry Day, and Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into Live mode in any residential area that NPC sims walk around. Stay there for at least a few minutes.
What happens when the bug occurs? You will see at least female sim wearing the swimwear hijab as well as other random clothes that were not assigned to her in CAS.
What do you expect to see? Sims should wear the clothes they are assigned to wear in CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I guess whenever the swimwear hijab was added to the game. I am unsure of dates, but I've just noticed it a lot lately.

My record is 3 sims at the same time wearing this specific article of clothing (as shown in "At Night" pics), along with random CAS clothes, but the screenshots I've included were all taken within 24-26 sim hours. They were all taken in the same residential neighbourhood of Newcrest, all around the same lot, in the same save file.

Nancy Landgraab

At Night 1 

At Night 2 

At Night 3 

The Next Day

"The Next Day" sim was wearing the hijab and yellow dress the next time I saw her too. None of these sims wear the swimsuit or scarf hijabs in their CAS outfits. Is anyone else seeing this in their game?

Message 103 of 104 (144 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims wearing unassigned hijabs and random clothes

★★★★★ Novice

I see this all the time. The eye-searing amount of clashing going on, with so many sims and so frequently, has long since become an ordeal to endure! I don't even know why they do it. What's the reason? What I ask! It's like a clown rode across a rainbow, vomiting everywhere and they wore the hijabs to protect themselves.

Message 104 of 104 (109 Views)