Re: hijabi appearing on my characters when it was not chosen!

by Cabelle1863

Original Post

Realm of Magic makes ugly random outfits more common

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The current one for realm of magic
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except toddler stuff and my first pet stuff...
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a game
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims wear ugly random outfits and instead of the ones I pick out while at festivals, in the realm of magic, when going out. Sometimes I can’t recognise a sim I am looking for because they are wearing something that makes them unidentifiable... eg the Sages from realm of magic are not wearing any of their assigned outfits, but weird combinations that make my eyes bleed.
What do you expect to see? Sims in one of the outfits I have designated in the outfit slots you guys programmed into the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hey, long running bug but every thread I find about it I cannot reply to. This is a long running issue, why can we not just remove whatever it is that assigns these random outfits. Why give us outfit slots at all if the Sims will ignore them for random ugly combinations. If you want us to have a festival outfit for our Sims, let us pick it like we do the other categories... this has been unaddressed forever. I am only bothering to make the thread again because it now is happening in the realm of magic. Pleeeeeeeeease fix this. I mean this with no disrespect but do the Sims team get these reports? So so so many old bugs have been around for so long now I am beginning to lose faith. I love this game and appreciate everything everyone does to make it better but the issues are piling up. 

Message 61 of 117 (5,972 Views)

Re: Realm of Magic makes ugly random outfits more common

Hero
@Saturn-Sublime I merged your post with the current reoport.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 117 (5,968 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This needs to be fixed!

Message 63 of 117 (5,916 Views)

★★ Guide

Headdesky Santas in the Magic Realm.jpg

Agreeing with my sim there, that's a lot of headdesking. There was Winterfest in the game in the previous game day. No played sim was in the Magic Realm during it. It started and ended in one family in San Myshuno. No traveling whatsoever. No loading into the realm. Next day I switch sim and come to the magic realm, and see this. Also men wearing some santa hats.Turbans, baseball caps, sunglasses, alltheringsever otherwise.

Message 64 of 117 (5,898 Views)

★★★★ Guide

There is two types of vender outfits, one female outfit without hat mostly for female workers, a male vender hat mainly for the male workers.  With the male female patch update a while back female venders can wear the male version and male sims can wear the female version.  it might look a little goofy and the type of uniform they decide depends on the seasons or if its raining or hot.  The venders in salvendia I don't think they have a uniform they just dress in everyday where or summer spring or fall weather, may change their outfits a bit.  I seen a postman with a tragic the clown hairstyle and the postal hat.  Game draws venders from not in this world and not played households that are jobless.  It will sometimes draw  played sims into certain vender roles, but will not change their default job tittle both from sims in world and not in world sims.

Before the patch that fixed excessive townie creation, game called for a level 10 Mixologist, game would create a level 10 mixologist, even though a level 8 or 9 mixologist was available in the played category.

After the patch that fixed excessive townie creation, game calls for level 10 Mixologist, it looks through non played unemployed households for sims that got a career and skills to match, if the answer is no it looks through played households for sims that match that job or skill without changing their current job instead of creating new townies.

Message 65 of 117 (5,885 Views)

Re: NPC Sims wear crazy clothes at night

★★ Novice

This bug is also happening with Sims in the Magic Realm showing up in random situational outfits. I left my spell caster with his everyday outfit on in the magic realm to play another household. When I took a sim from the second household into the Magic Realm, Mr. Spellcaster Sim magically *heh* switched into a random situational outfit that was anything but attractive. Fedora hat, 3 ugly rings, athletic top, suit pants, colorful socks, vampire boots. 

Message 66 of 117 (5,843 Views)

Re: hijabi appearing on my characters when it was not chosen!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I wish they'd allow us to have control over the situational outfits. The selections make no sense, and they break immersion while playing to see a sim dressed in a bizarre mish-mash of clothing and accessories. If I could choose what my sims wore at the festivals, holidays, or in the Magic Realm it would be great.

Message 67 of 117 (5,828 Views)

★★ Guide

I've been trying different things in the vague hope that something would fix this. After all, at least in my save, the pre-made RoM townies (Charm family etc) are not suffering of the situational clothing curse, but wear their actual assigned clothes. So I checked their hidden traits with SimsInfo, and after that I've been adding 

traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_SpellcasterPremade

on some sims and found out the following. If the above cheat line is applied to a sim BEFORE they visit the Realm of Magic the first time, they will keep their own clothes, and are immune to the situational clothing curse. If it is applied after the sim has visited the Realm of Magic, it has no effect anymore. It doesn't matter if the sim is played or unplayed, the curse doesn't touch them as long as they had that hidden trait BEFORE they stepped into the Realm.

Unfortunately I haven't found any way to decursify the sims from the Dresscode ala Nonsense after they've visited the Realm, which makes all my actual played sims unfixable. I'm currently going through the townies, deleting old ones, re-creating them anew, giving them the trait and then when they appear in the Realm, they wear what they're supposed to. But there's no way I'm deleting my actual played sims with long history just to fix what the Realm forces them to wear, so guess they'll just get to envy the townies.

...I honestly haven't had time to play much, since every time I visit the realm, I start flailing at the screen, and switch to re-create townies, or try some other crazy idea that might fix played sims (they don't, but I've tried several).

This has of course been tested only in my savegame and only with about ten sims, and so there's no guarantee it'd work on anyone else. Well, that, and a friend of mine has been doing the same thing, and it works for him the same way. Regardless, thought I'd share in case it'd help anyone else, even a little bit, when making new spellcasters.

Message 68 of 117 (5,783 Views)

Edited Townies Wearing Random Clothes

★★★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them as of 9-21-19
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS full edit mode, change the appearance and clothes of a townie. Then go into gameplay and the townie or townies you just spent hours on giving a make over/revamp, are now all in random ugly outfits that I didn’t put them in.
What happens when the bug occurs? So basically the townies that have been edited using cas.fulleditmode are now wearing mix matched clothing that I did not put on them. I have checked and they are still assigned the outfits I chose, but they are always wearing something different. Also it seems to only be added Sims from the gallery or already existing sims in my library. Also their hair and body stay the same, so it’s just clothing, shoes, and accessories.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to customize townies (as I have done for years) and now it seems it is not possible. This has also been happening for at least 6 months and I have updated several times as well.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them as of 9-21-19
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS full edit mode, change the appearance and clothes of a townie. Then go into gameplay and the townie or townies you just spent hours on giving a make over/revamp, are now all in random ugly outfits that I didn’t put them in.
What happens when the bug occurs? So basically the townies that have been edited using cas.fulleditmode are now wearing mix matched clothing that I did not put on them. I have checked and they are still assigned the outfits I chose, but they are always wearing something different. Also it seems to only be added Sims from the gallery or already existing sims in my library. Also their hair and body stay the same, so it’s just clothing, shoes, and accessories.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to customize townies (as I have done for years) and now it seems it is not possible. This has also been happening for at least 6 months and I have updated several times as well.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 69 of 117 (5,686 Views)

Re: Edited Townies Wearing Random Clothes

★★ Guide

Unfortunately the game has something called “situational outfits” that create random outfits for specific circumstances like the island events or night walkbys. I don’t think there’s any way to remove them without mods, either.

It’s not a popular feature.

Message 70 of 117 (5,671 Views)