Re: [OPEN] Weird situational outfits on NPCs (Mainly Hats/Accessoire)

by Zasz_Zerg

Original Post

★★ Guide
(That's ditto to #14, Iyasenu's report.)
Message 21 of 117 (2,140 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'm having a similar issue myself, except it's with turbans.

I mean, I do play on Oasis Springs a lot; I didn't think they'd take the whole desert theme that seriously...

- B

Message 22 of 117 (2,129 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

This happens because the game creates hidden situational outfits. Ive seen it during a club event, when traveling to a bar, geekcon, spice festival and similar occasions. Sims that arent part of the current household being played with already nice outfits suddenly had very wierd outfits that werent in the outfit selection screen when checking with MCCC.

Message 23 of 117 (2,109 Views)

All sims except current household wearing weird clothes

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except the digital deluxe edition.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just go to a community lot or go play an unplayed household. It's more likely to happen I think if you play a household that says one of the household members are on another lot. Sometimes you can see them walking by on the streets when on your home lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims, even sims I've made, walk around in the weirdest randomized outfits.
What do you expect to see? Sims wearing the clothes assigned to them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It seemed to happen after the Christmas patch, though it did occur. Just not as much.

I know we all see weirdly generated townies in the game but these aren't even randomly generated townies. These are premade townies or sims I've made. I have seen threads about randomly generated townies wearing the weird outfits but I havent seen anything about premade townies. (e.g. the Goth family) First I thought it was just because most premade townies don't have warm or cold clothes assigned to them and that's the mess that was generated, but I have made over a lot of the premade townies, giving them normal outfits. They just don't use them. I remember this started after get famous came out, it seemed to only happen to the celebrities, but it's happening to all my sims now and its driving me nuts seeing sims wearing random items from every single category. Its like they wear as much as possible. Hats, gloves, rings, bracelets, pants, shirts, etc. It seems they are usually cold weather themed but I see sims in them when it's really hot outside.

Message 24 of 117 (2,082 Views)

Re: All sims except current household wearing weird clothes

Hero

Hi @SnazzySnorlax

Are they wearing them when you switch to the household ? These are usually situational outfits the Sims never change out of when they should

I merged your post with the current thread on this issue but if you actually see those random things on the outfits the Sims wear when you switch to them, it might be something different going on too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 117 (2,068 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Please consider stopping adding situational outfits with each expansion, we do not need situational outfits for rain, fake vampires, celebrities etc. they look so bad and they fill little purpose except looking ugly.

Message 26 of 117 (2,057 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, typically if I switch to the household they're still wearing it. I can change right out of it though but yeah it's just irritating.. :/ Also thanks for the merge! 

Message 27 of 117 (2,049 Views)

Hero

But is it on the actual outfits in one of the categories or an 'extra' category ?

Just making sure here it's the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 117 (2,032 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Hello crinrict, it is not on the actual outfits it is the generated situational outfits. The reasons this post keeps coming back is probably because everytime the developers add situational outfits they get worse and worse, because more items get added.
Message 29 of 117 (2,026 Views)

Hero

Hi @mh4515

was just making sure with @SnazzySnorlax as there could be other issues going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 117 (2,024 Views)