Re: [OPEN] Wedding guests dance instead of sit during the ceremony

by Lyoufln

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening in my game as of a week or so ago. All the sims watching the wedding dance. Children will dance too, but their bodies will stretch and glitch out. It's a little unsettling.

Message 21 of 31 (1,964 Views)

★★★ Guide

If you don't have the chairs and just let them dance they will automatically que up to come watch the ceremony if you click on a wedding arch. 

I still think the dancing is cute....

Message 22 of 31 (1,951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Had this problem yesterday after the August '19 patch. Half the guests will sit down and the other half will walk over and then awkwardly dance in the aisle.

Edit: Forgot to mention there was no stereo at the venue so they couldn't have been listening to music.

Message 23 of 31 (1,925 Views)

dancing at weddings

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions has happened for a long time now.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just go to get married and the on lookers wont stop dancing
What happens when the bug occurs? they dance instead of watch the wedding
What do you expect to see? either they need to sit or stand not dance
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

They always dance and i cant get them to not do that during weddings. its frustrating 

Message 24 of 31 (1,907 Views)

Re: dancing at weddings

Hero
@TheWitchySimmer Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 31 (1,883 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

May 2020 and this is still happening.

Message 26 of 31 (1,766 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yup, I have this issue too. I thought it was by design, but then the more I thought about it I was like that's just weird if it is by design..it can't be by design lol

Message 27 of 31 (1,716 Views)

★ Guide

This bug is the only reason I don't have weddings for my Sims anyore which is a shame because it means all my faamilies live in a state of never being truly joined in Simlish matrimony or they have quickie elopments in the bathroom which lets face it means they aren't married because I don't think toilet married is actually a thing. Why even have weddings as a event when the key portion of the event is broken to a point of absurd? If people had done this at my wedding I'd have stopped the preacher & told them to sit there butts down or get out because I'm not about getting hitched at a rave! & I'm not joking I threw my mother-in-law out of my reception because she was too wasted to make it through the tea service of an afternoon dry wedding. I do not suffer fools when it comes to matrimony. This bug just makes me so dang angry.

Message 28 of 31 (1,679 Views)

Hero
Is anyone still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 31 (1,494 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Although I hadn't done a post in this thread, I had clicked me too. No, I am not seeing this issue any longer in my saves. From what I'm seeing at weddings, the issue is fixed for me.
Message 30 of 31 (4,103 Views)