Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Wedding guests dance instead of sit during the ceremony

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hold a wedding event with chairs provided for all guests. Click on the wedding arch to get married.
What happens when the bug occurs? Guests danced while watching the ceremony. They did not sit in the provided chairs. They were dancing to music prior to the ceremony, but I specifically turned the stereo off before heading to the wedding arch. They did watch the wedding from afar while dancing; the event goal for having guests watch the ceremony was fulfilled. This occurred on a home lot in Windenburg after installing Cats and Dogs. I haven't had any other weddings since then.
What do you expect to see? Guests should sit in the provided chairs during the ceremony.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Made a new thread as requested at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Wedding-guests-no-longer-sit-down/m-p/6423748

wedding-guests-not-seated.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 31 (6,465 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Wedding guests dance instead of sit during the ceremony

★ Pro
@crinrict Although I hadn't done a post in this thread, I had clicked me too. No, I am not seeing this issue any longer in my saves. From what I'm seeing at weddings, the issue is fixed for me.

View in thread

Message 30 of 31 (3,833 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (6,318 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still an issue after the December 12th patch. 

Message 3 of 31 (6,236 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It happened to me for the first time. For some reason, all the guests were dancing instead of sitting the watch the ceremony. Also, i'm pretty sure there was no music playing for this to accur ..

Message 4 of 31 (6,123 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same thing has happened to me ever since around late November of last year. At every ceremony since then they always dance to the wedding ceremony music instead of simply standing like they once did. 

Message 5 of 31 (6,075 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I have the exact same thing. It's the vampire victim dance they're doing while attending the ceremony.
Message 6 of 31 (6,035 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same for me ! Sim is dancing while they are getting married.

https://youtu.be/DTXNPrjSrRw

Message 7 of 31 (5,857 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening to me too! It's like that vampire dance attack all over again!!!

Message 8 of 31 (5,460 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
This is STILL happening and sims just won't sit in their chairs. They'll usually stand next to them and a few of them still awkwardly dance in place while the ceremony starts to take place.
Message 9 of 31 (5,217 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

March 2019 and still a problem.

Message 10 of 31 (5,091 Views)