Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] 'Warn about bed safety' interaction is available to all sims

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? with a sim active click on another sims to socialize with them
What happens when the bug occurs? All sims have the interraction to "warn about bed safety"
What do you expect to see? the interaction limited only to ghost sims that died by murphy bed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco life style or it's pre pack patch ( not 100% sure which of the two)

All my sims can "warn about bed safety" as soon as i click on another sim to interact with them. It's on the first pie menu that comes up. It wasn't there before that eco patch/pack and it drew my attention as i was 100% sure it was an interaction limited to ghost sims that died by murphy bed. It even has the ghost icon next to it

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 18 (4,253 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] 'Warn about bed safety' interaction is available to all sims

EA Staff

Hello,

Today's patch (1.72.28.1030) include bug fixes, we hope this patch helped with this issue.

If anyone of you is still seeing this issue after updating to 1.72.28.1030, please let us know.

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 17 of 18 (2,619 Views)

All Replies

Re: "Warn about bed safety" interaction is available to all sims

★★★★★ Guide
@Geminiagre If you use the legacy style menu it's the very last interaction in friendly. Such a crazy amount of bugs in this patch/EP release.
Message 2 of 18 (4,196 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah! I saw this but didn't think much of it. Definitely not right thoughStandard smile

Message 3 of 18 (4,148 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have this too. I purchased Tiny Living a few days ago, that's when I started seeing that interaction available for every Sim so I thought it was intentional. (I don't own the new pack)

Message 4 of 18 (4,144 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have this too on every sim, and have no idea what it's supposed to mean even.

Message 5 of 18 (4,068 Views)

★★★ Guide

Was wondering about that. Didn't even know it comes from the death by murphy bed, as i never had that.

Message 6 of 18 (4,064 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Have this problem too. I’ve read it was because of the Murphy beds in tiny living causing a lot of deaths. But for some reason every sim has the interaction. 

Message 7 of 18 (3,995 Views)

★★ Pro

I have this option and have used it because I thought it was a funny topic piece for the conversation. While I knew it was connected to Murphy beds, my SIM never had one. So I thought it was just opened up to everyone during the patch the same way you can accuse anyone you want of being a mermaid just for owning Island Living. It never occurred to me that used to be a thing only people with a small house or tinier could do...or maybe it's owning a Murphy bed? I don't know, I never encountered it before.

Message 8 of 18 (3,913 Views)

Champion
@PriestessAvenara from the symbol and the name of the interaction in the tuning files, it seems to be an option that only ghosts of sims killed by the murphy bed should be able to do. But since the patch it has been bugged and is showing up for everyone, not just murphy bed ghosts.
Message 9 of 18 (3,887 Views)

Re: [OPEN] 'Warn about bed safety' interaction is available to all sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Haha I thought it's a feature, not a bug. It's pretty relevant because the chances to die by murphy bed are so ridiculously high (edit: this is after _August_ 2020 patch 1.65.77) that sims should be warned to never buy one.. :D I'm currently trying to test out another murphy bed bug before posting a bug report but it's hard because ALL MY TEST SIMS DIE when they test the murphy bed. One sim lasted almost half a sim day though!

edit: It gets weirder! Maybe it's also supposed to come up if a human sim talks to a ghost that died by murphy bed..? I talked to sim who died by murphy bed and I saw the "Warn about bed safety" TWICE just next to each other in the menu :D So maybe the other one was intentional, kinda cruel though :D

Message 10 of 18 (3,202 Views)