Re: [OPEN] Wants/Fears toggle stops working after travelling

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Always
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play your own Game for more than 5 minutes Wink Play a Household, turn off Wants & Fears, save, reload.
What happens when the bug occurs? Wants and Fears are visible even though they are turned off in Game Options
What do you expect to see? I expect to NOT SEE Wants & Fears when i turned them off
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but 100% sure it is not a Mod Issue
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 1.90.358 or 1.90.375 

Message 21 of 207 (1,798 Views)

Champion

I'm having this issue as well; I'm on PC.  I don't know if this is the correct thread though because I'm not seeing the issue when traveling.  I looked for another thread but I couldn't find one.

So far, I've only seen it when...

- Exiting / reloading the game and reloading a household

- Going to Manage worlds and loading a household

- Going to CAS and back to the game

I haven't had any sims on vacation, so I'm not sure about that one.  I do use mods but I tested in an unmodded save and still experienced the issue.  After disabling wants / fears (again), my sim traveled to several lots and wants / fears did not show.  They only reappeared as described above.  I can share that save if needed.  Thanks!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 22 of 207 (1,782 Views)

Show wants& Fears

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I go out of create a sim from planning outfits on my sims they keep popping up even though I have Show Wants&Fears off. 

Message 23 of 207 (1,751 Views)

Re: Show wants& Fears

Hero
@CassieHebein I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 207 (1,711 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This also happens if you quit the game and reload 

Message 25 of 207 (1,633 Views)

Re: Wants & Fears reappear despite being disabled

★ Guide

All of the toggles in the settings are broken. I have 'bust the dust' switched on in pack settings; but I've not seen a single dust bunny appear even once all the way through spring. This is making the asperation 'perfectly pristine' impossible to achieve.

Message 26 of 207 (1,629 Views)

Re: Wants & Fears reappear despite being disabled

★ Guide

I strongly suspect this is related to the issue that more and more players have where the game will reset back to an earlier time. For some reason, TS4 can no longer retain information properly, to the point where no error messages are generated since the game has just completely lost the plot and has no idea anything problematic has even happened.

Message 27 of 207 (1,611 Views)

Re: Wants and fears are not turning off properly when disabled in settings

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too. Thought it was just me! 

Message 28 of 207 (1,472 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I’m having the same issue. It’s annoying.

Message 29 of 207 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Guide

I get a last exception every time the game re-enables the feature after I disabled it.

Message 30 of 207 (1,580 Views)