Re: [OPEN] Wants/Fears toggle stops working after travelling

by Olala_1986

Original Post

★★ Guide
@LlamaOMama Now now don't complain and be so negative!
Message 101 of 207 (1,305 Views)

★★ Guide
@LlamaOMama So you're complaining about a bug that you've had for a month but you say stuff to me for complaining about a bug I've had over 2 years?!
Message 102 of 207 (1,397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Look I'm actually really sorry of how I reacted. Yes, now I am agreeing to disagree. People can complain at times. I can too! I was just being a little rude and was trying to not complain instead to see what would happen. But EA is not bothered so I'm disagreeing too. 

Message 103 of 207 (1,375 Views)

★★ Guide

I will try to explain to you how to get around this error while it is not fixed.

The problem is in all gameplay settings.

Disabling wants and fears will be inactive in the options until you travel with your sim or exit the game.

When you come back you'll notice that the desires and fears are back "over the sim's head", but inactive in the game settings.

You have to, enable wants and fears, apply changes, disable wants  and fears, apply changes and then get back in the game.

This will be inactive until you travel with the sim, when you return home you will notice that it is active again, then you will have to repeat what I described above.

This problem is happening with all the gameplay in the settings, Get Famous, Bust the Dust, ECO or anything that involves gameplay.

This problem started with the 8/30 update.

I'm not very good at English, so I asked Google translator for help, if something is wrong, forgive me, but since I know the problem, I'm trying to help.

Message 104 of 207 (1,359 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm, the post above is how I've been having to play the game too. The wants reset any time you have a loading screen - going to CAS, travelling, switching houses, you name it. You have to open options, enable wants and fears, close options and then reopen it, disable wants and fears, and close options. It's ridiculous, I hope they address this in the next patch.

Message 105 of 207 (1,306 Views)

★★ Guide
@JessicaMP2004 I had it before the update as I haven't been into my Sims game to update it.
Message 106 of 207 (1,295 Views)

Re: Fears bug

Community Manager

@y4hpzrs4scfy 

I've merged your post with the main thread on this issue, please click Me Too on the first post here. 

solaire.png

Message 107 of 207 (1,253 Views)

Re: Fears bug

★★ Guide
@y4hpzrs4scfy I had it before the recent update. I've had it since we were given the wants and fears.
Message 108 of 207 (1,230 Views)

★★ Guide
@HawnaKitty

The problem may have come before the 8/30 update, I may have noticed after the update. When I decided to deactivate wants and fears because I was irritating the sims always tense and angry because of work. I changed careers several times and they were never happy, so I turned it off. It also caught my attention that they gained fame, being out of the spotlight.
Message 109 of 207 (1,187 Views)

★ Guide

Now I know why I saw a werewolf in the beast form in Windenburg despite having the option of them not appearing in different worlds turn on. It’s good to know is for all in game options as it may be easier to fix, I hope. 

I’m also having the issue with wants/fears turning on by itself after going through loading screen on PS4. And I’m using the above tactic or just letting them be until something annoying comes along. Thankfully they reset after turning off.

The reason why I want to disable the feature is the fact that fears and wants are too generic. For example my sim in great relationship with her boyfriend (tons of loving sentiments) suddenly has a want to break up with him and the description is telling me that she fell out of love with him. No, she didn’t, game.

Second pain is the fear of dead end job appearing after promotion along with moodlet that only the sky is a limit to this career. Does that makes sense? Being happy about the job and having panic attacks because of it? I got my sim brave trait, but I suspect that reward trait my not work with this system.

Anyway, I truly hope next update will bring fix for this as it doesn’t only affect wants/fears.

Message 110 of 207 (1,173 Views)