by ltle1_

Original Post

Re: show wants & fears button broken?

★★ Guide
@Nozladi I'm getting it a lot. Even when I exit CAS
Message 71 of 207 (1,045 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Wants/Fears toggle stops working after travelling

★★★★ Novice

I’ve noticed a similar but different issue with fears/wants. It seems that every time I save and exit, the fears and wants bubbles show back up. I go into gameplay options and there is no checkmark by fears/wants, but the bubbles still show up. I have to check, uncheck and then click apply and that makes it go away, but I have to do that every time I restart my game.

Message 72 of 207 (1,038 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too and I hate it. I'm playing a particular storyline that includes a specific career path and my sim keeps getting tense and wanting to change it. If it were like whims and we could dismiss or ignore them with no consequences I wouldn't care. But the fact that it affects the sim is so annoying.

Message 73 of 207 (987 Views)

Re: Wants & Fears reappear despite being disabled

★★ Novice

this is happening to me too, along with all of the "pack settings" for example animal aging, neighbourhood stories and NPC relationship autonomy. Turn it off, then it turns back on if my sim travels or I quit the game. 

Message 74 of 207 (993 Views)

★ Apprentice

I got so sick of dealing with the fear of unfulfilled dreams over and over again that I turned off wants and fears altogether, but they keep coming back on.

I want whims back.

Message 75 of 207 (945 Views)

★★ Guide
@DemB00ts I know it's no fix but there is a potion in the rewards you can get.
Message 76 of 207 (926 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

3 weeks and they haven't even acknowledged that this is an issue they're actively trying to resolve. I still play my game even with this very inconvenient bug, as annoying as it is to have to re-disable it every time I return from CAS or start my game. But I'm going to say right now that there's no way I'm going to invest in Sims 5 if customers' bug reports are going to be ignored and simple bugs go unfixed. There was nothing wrong with Whims, and I wish they'd never changed the system. It's honestly pretty weak. Wants & Fears is a worse system than Whims was.

Message 77 of 207 (881 Views)

Re: Wants and fears

★★★ Novice

I toggled mine off, and they dont get wants and fears.  if i restart the game they get wants and fears again.  when i go to toggle it off it says it is off. so i toggle on then off and they go back off. but the negative moodlet still has to time down.  They also get wants/fears again if i edit them is CAS.  again it showing it toggled off.  (dont have werewolf pack)

Message 78 of 207 (797 Views)

Wants/Fears: Keeps reappearing even though not enabled in settings

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cottage living, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work / dream home decorator, strangerville, jungle adventures, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat / paranormal, tiny living, moschino, laundry day, toddler, backyard, kids room, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a random save, load a family and play them
What happens when the bug occurs? In my settings, wants/fears are disabled (or more correct - never enabled). Still they pop up every time I open up the game. I can remove them by first tick the actual box, then untick it and save changed settings (but then I have to redo it EVERY time).
What do you expect to see? No wants/fears whatsoever due to them being disabled in settings.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch where wants/fears were invented

I tried to run the game mod-free last night (turned mods off) but the problem remains.

As you can see on the screenshots, the box for wants/fears is DISABLED (ebery time I check the settings, I haven't enabled them at any time). Still they show up (the other picture). The screenshots are taken when mods were turned off

Message 79 of 207 (1,011 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@blueflynnn OMG yes, same!! And not just that, traits' effects are also ignored. My sim with the fresh chef trait makes food that spoils when it isn't supposed to do so with that trait, my sim with the unstoppable fame have their fame decaying when they're not supposed to. Lifestyles sometimes appear even if they are disabled in some of my saves.
It's like the game ignores every settings and systems in the game and don't recognize them anymore. But the most annoying ones are the wants and fears and animal aging
Message 80 of 207 (976 Views)