Re: show wants & fears button broken?

by kiraworthington

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie
@LadyDarkSorrow same here i waited till the age patch came out to start playing again, turned off wants fears it keeps coming back on, will not stay off, if i log out and come back is back on again, i have to go in and click it and hit apply and it goes away for a bit, but it should stay off if i say i want it off.
Message 31 of 207 (1,313 Views)

Wants/Fears still on despite being switched off

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Werewolves, Dream Home Decorator, Tiny Living Parenthood, Dine Out, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romance Garden, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new game and save, then go back in the game via the menus.
What happens when the bug occurs? Wants/Fears will resume in the game despite it being turned off in the game. Wants appears immediately, but if you wait long enough a fear will also appear and will cause issues as well.
What do you expect to see? Expect to launch the game without seeing the wants/fears activated at all. To fix this you must turn it on and then back off again (but this should still be a bug, because you have to do it every time you launch back into the game)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

To fix this you must turn it on and then back off again (but this should still be a bug, because you have to do it every time you launch back into the game)

Message 32 of 207 (1,315 Views)

Re: Wants and fears are not turning off properly when disabled in settings

★★★★★ Novice
@ChelleBelle716 exactly what is happening to me
Message 33 of 207 (1,259 Views)

Have to disable wants/fears everytime

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, apologies in advance if this has been mentioned before, I've looked and can't find anything about it. 

I play on ps4, everytime I load my game to play sims have wants/fears bubble on their heads. I go to game option and there is no tick in the box, so they should not be there! I have to tick the box and untick it for the bubbles to go away. Is this a fault? Surely if it's been disabled and no tick in the box when I start, they should not have the bubbles or wants/fears. Is anyone else having this problem? TIA 😊 

Message 34 of 207 (1,174 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Wants/Fears toggle stops working after travelling

★★★ Newbie

yep, i'm having this problem too. my sims are on a date, and Ash (the brunette) suddenly got a want when they are clearly toggled off in settings. screenshots are attached.

Message 35 of 207 (1,161 Views)

★★ Guide

Same here...I never use those and my Sim wakes up in a panic every morning that her boyfriend might be cheating on her.......

Message 36 of 207 (1,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Wants and needs are turned off and they come back all the time.

Message 37 of 207 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi,

Further to my last post I went through all my games and turned Fears and Wants off. I do not wish to do all that again when you fix it. So leave it off by default this time to avoid getting angry customers. This IMHO should be tested before it is released. This indicates poor Quality Control or Coders who are incompetant. Not good enough EA and under U.K. law we can ask for our money back if the software is not fit for purpose. There are so many bugs in this game it's only because of the good nature of your customers that all in the U.K. have not demanded all their money back. I have spent a considerable amount over the years and so have many others.

Kind regards James.

Message 38 of 207 (1,221 Views)

Re: Wants and Fears still affecting game when turning off/Glitched Vet UI

★★ Apprentice

Me too , I even turn off Wants and Fears and it used to go off until I changed to a different scenerio but now it wont even let me turn it off, Can EA please fix this?

Message 39 of 207 (1,210 Views)

★ Guide

I don't want the “wants and fears” feature. I have toggled them off in game options. Nevertheless every time I switch to a different Sim family the wants and fears bubbles reappear. When I go to game options they are still appearing to be toggled off.  Nevertheless there they are on the screen for every Sim. If I go back into the game options and re-toggle and un-toggle the wants/fears button they will then disappear. But this is an annoying process to have to repeat every time I switch to a different family every time I log on to play. Is this a problem or will it always be this way? Why isn't untoggling them in game options a universal thing?

Message 40 of 207 (1,185 Views)