Re: Wants and fears are not turning off properly when disabled in settings

by ChelleBelle716

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have never been a fan of wants and fears (previously whims) so I have always had them disabled. Now with this new emergency patch it gives my sims wants even though i have the setting disabled as soon as I open the game! When I came out of CAS it turned right back on again even though it's listed in my settings as disabled!

Message 11 of 207 (5,765 Views)

★ Guide

I have the Wants/Fears option unchecked in Game Options, but every time I go into my game - they still have them over their heads in the lower left corner of the screen. I go back into Game Options and the box is still unchecked/disabled. I have to then check it, hit Apply Changes, wait a few moments, go back in and uncheck it, hit Apply/Changes, and then after a few moments the want bubbles disappear from the lower left corner of the screen. But I have to keep doing it over and over again. It's not really recognizing that the setting in Game Options is disabled when I load my game.

Message 12 of 207 (5,675 Views)

Re: Wants & Fears reappear despite being disabled

[ Edited ]
Hero

@minicavanagh 

@SparkyRabbit82 

@ohsht013 

@treblemusic 

@ChelleBelle716 

I moved your post over to a different thread for this. This is for the toggle resetting when travelling.

The other was occurring before the E-Patch and I don't think it's the same issue.

If you clicked me too on the other thread, make sure to click me too here too.

@LadyDarkSorrow  I merged your post with the bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 207 (5,560 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Wants/Fears toggle stops working after travelling

★★★★★ Apprentice
@daikoyu Noticed the same thing in my game. It's just the latest in an ever growing list of bugs which this untested expansion/patch has introduced.
Message 14 of 207 (5,417 Views)

wants and fears

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.1
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? The wants and fears appears whether or not I click on the option on or off. I have to go to game settings, check the box to turn the option on, then save, then check the box again to turn it off, then it turns off until the next time I play or when I pause the game to change a setting.
What do you expect to see? To not see it when the option is off
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Nothing else

Message 15 of 207 (5,367 Views)

Bug: Wants & Fears Toggle

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The majority of them I own and have installed. I am listing those I do not own since it's a shorter list: My Wedding Stories, Modern Menswear Kit, Moonlight Chic Kit, Little Campers Kit, Courtyard Oasis Kit, Jungle Adventure, Spooky Stuff, and Romantic Garden Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn off Wants & Fears in the Game Options > Gameplay menu. Save and close the game. Reopen the same game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Wants & Fears are turned on, but marked as off in the settings when opening existing game.
What do you expect to see? The game to load with Wants & Fears turned off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Basic full description. I turn off the Wants & Fears options and then when I relaunch the game it gets turned back on, but still shows as "off" or unchecked in the gameplay settings. You have to turn it back on and off again to resolve temporarily. I've tried removing what little Custome Content I had to see if it resolves, but it does not. I've only noticed this recently with the addition of fears to the game.

Message 16 of 207 (5,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@GreaseBones96 Same for me too. When i tick it on an off and then apply the changes it disappears, but when i go to CAS and go back to the game after that they're still there.
Message 17 of 207 (5,258 Views)

Re: show wants & fears button broken?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@LadyDarkSorrow this is my issue too. It's always turned back on when I start the game. 

Edit: I also just realized it turns back on when I leave CAS. It's not ticked but still Wants and Fears are shown and happening. So basically I have to tick them on, then tick them off and then they are gone. 

Edit 2: also when I go to manage worlds and back into my household. 

Message 18 of 207 (5,149 Views)

Re: show wants & fears button broken?

★★★ Novice

I thought I was going crazy. I'm having the same issue too. It's obnoxious at this point.

Message 19 of 207 (5,074 Views)

★ Guide

I played for a while last night, and the Wants/Fears reappear (despite the setting being toggled off) every single time a household loads.

It even happened at one point when I was playing two sims from a household who were on vacation in Granite Falls and when I had the remaining household members join the vacation everyone suddenly had Wants/Fears again. That doesn't even generate a loading screen - just loaded the additional sims.

It's a pretty annoying nuisance to have to keep going in and fixing it over and over again. I hope they can address this sooner than later.

Message 20 of 207 (3,015 Views)