[FIXED] Walls disappearing / Clipping in mirror reflection

by brogle321

Original Post

Re: Doors and Windows are broken with Invisible Walls and a Gap between the ceil

★★★ Novice

so there's still no fix to the mirror/wall issue? 4-5 months later...

Message 71 of 128 (974 Views)

Windows are glitching in mirrors

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? place a mirror and look at a window
What happens when the bug occurs? the room isn't fully closed and the space around the window is cut out
What do you expect to see? a fully closed room and no empty space around windows.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the skin tone update

Inked04-13-21_8-32-34 PM_LI.jpgthe room is also open when no window is placed

Message 72 of 128 (959 Views)

Re: Windows are glitching in mirrors

★★★★ Novice

this should be on the laundry list....

Message 73 of 128 (958 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Walls disappearing / Clipping in mirror reflection

★★★★ Apprentice

We need more people replying and pressing 'Me Too!' make this issue known to EA, I use mirrors a lot for my builds and it's really annoy having to see weird grey lines and disappearing walls in the reflection. It's been 8 months since the September update this thing started and only part of the problem was supposedly been fixed when they fixed windows and doors but it seem to have been made worse. 

Message 74 of 128 (910 Views)

Transparent walls in mirror

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Get to work, Get together, Seasons, Dine out, Outdoor retreat, Luxury party stuff, Romantic garden stuff, Spooky stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am building at The Summer Home lot in Windenburg. When I place "Mega" windows or doors, the wall they are placed on becomes invisible in the mirror.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am building at The Summer Home lot in Windenburg. When I place "Mega" windows or doors, the wall they are placed on becomes invisible in the mirror.
What do you expect to see? The wall is visible in the mirror.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 75 of 128 (886 Views)

Re: Transparent walls in mirror

Hero (Retired)

@dirty_milos I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 76 of 128 (877 Views)

★★ Apprentice

When will they fix this issue?

Message 77 of 128 (823 Views)

★★ Pro
@Vaurthakan They partially fixed it. At least we don't get the window and door-arch frames showing with solid walls in the frames now.

But... The only view that shows correctly in mirrors is the walls completely down for some reason.

If they just made it so that walls-up and walls-cutaway did the same, we'd all be happy.
Message 78 of 128 (813 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yeh I am aware, just when I thought they fixed the window patch they seemingly made it worse. I've been actively trying to get the EA Developers attention on this issue; messaging various YouTubers, The Sims communities...etc. In my honest opinion I think this should be a main priority on the Laundry List as it is a cosmetic issue. I use a lot of mirrors in my games especially my 'Big Brother House' builds, it just looks hideous if you can imagine.

Message 79 of 128 (790 Views)

★★ Pro
@Vaurthakan Completely agree! C'mon they've got it 1/3 fixed.
Message 80 of 128 (743 Views)