[FIXED] Walls disappearing / Clipping in mirror reflection

by brogle321

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Walls disappearing / Clipping in mirror reflection

★★★★★ Novice
@brogle321 I have the same problem with mine, mods or no mods. I even tried it on a completely new download of the game, on a completely separate computer, no mods or cc. Same thing.
Message 31 of 128 (1,557 Views)

Anonymous

Started having this issue since the 1.70.84.1020 update Frown

01-22-21_10-42-17 PM.png

Seems to get worse the nearer you get to the mirror, I hate it Frown

Mirror shots are part of my story-telling style and now I can't do them.

Message 32 of 128 (1,482 Views)

★ Pro

I am not surprised that it didn‘t get fixed in the latest patch. Working on another SP was more important I guess... I‘m so done buying anymore packs. Leaving us with those really annoying bugs and an APP (Origin) that makes it so hard for most of us to repair our games, is a crying shame!

Message 33 of 128 (1,471 Views)

★★ Pro
@LuvMySimz I remain cautiously optimistic. They did fix the walls-completely-down view so that it is reflecting the room/windows/arches/doorways correctly. So, really it's just a matter of making the walls-cutaway and walls-up views do the same thing.
Message 34 of 128 (1,449 Views)

★ Pro
@stjmk The cutout issue visible in the mirrors now is what I’m referring to.
Message 35 of 128 (1,433 Views)

★★ Pro
@LuvMySimz I understand the issue as I'm having it myself, but as @hamchee92 noted above, the room does reflect correctly in full-cutaway view with the walls completely down. It's in the "partial" walls-cutaway and walls-up views that the cutout issue is still a problem ironically.

So, EA did get it working right for one view. Now they just have to do the same thing for the other two views, and that seems like an easy fix to me.
Message 36 of 128 (1,420 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Anyone hear about when this will be fixed? Its been a little while and the mirrors still make things look like crap. How has EA not fixed this by now??

Message 37 of 128 (1,381 Views)

★ Guide

I've had this problem for at least a month or longer also.  I should have posted before but I assumed it would be fixed in a patch but I guess not.  I can't say exactly what patch this went bad with since I haven't played much until more recently.  This was happening roughly back in December 2020, possibly before.

Not gonna post screenshots since they are the same as everyone elses.  But I could if more are needed to show the bug.

The mirror reflection making some of the walls behind you invisible is one thing I've noticed.... this happens when on ground level or above.  The walls will appear and disappear depending on the distance of the camera to the mirror/wall.

... but if you are below ground on basement level, and have a wall on the edge of the basement, it will do weird glitching.  Not disappearing in this case, just really bugging out.  Now if you drag the wall in 1 square away from the edge of the properly, the bug goes away.  This doesn't happen on 100% of the basement walls but happens on a lot of them if the walls are touch the edge of your property.

Tested my game with no mods in my directory and same thing happened.  Hope this gets fixed sometime because this makes mirrors almost useless in many areas of your house.

Message 38 of 128 (1,352 Views)

No walls in mirror reflections/ disappearing furniture issues

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? One of the bugs is when you look into the mirror and see walls missing, the other is items disappearing from my house and moving to my inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of the bugs is when you look into the mirror and see walls missing, the other is items disappearing from my house and moving to my inventory.
What do you expect to see? I would like a normal reflection in the mirror without walls missing and it would be nice if my furniture would stop randomly disappearing and moving into my inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm noticing that my furniture / household items are disappearing and they're being stored in my inventory. No one comes over to the house so no one has stolen them. This is quite frustrating because i keep having to redecorate my house. Another thing im having issues with is the mirrors. When you look into the mirrors, the walls are disappearing and you can see grey lines if there's a walkway (where there is no wall). Can this get fixed please? It just really takes a lot of fun out of the gameplay and I've done some research and it seems like both of these issues have been problems before.

Message 39 of 128 (1,305 Views)

Re: No walls in mirror reflections/ disappearing furniture issues

Hero
@Espenschied1204 I moved this to the mirror reflections as that was the main issue you're reporting.

As for the furniture, are they put in the inventory when you build something or just randomly while you play ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 128 (1,294 Views)