Re: [OPEN] Walls disappearing / Clipping in mirror reflection

by ruralfpsgamer

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

They almost work properly, I have this weird clipping if any windows are reflected though.

Message 11 of 128 (2,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Simming_Spoonie Yup, same with doors. Fingers crossed for a patch soon.

Message 12 of 128 (1,983 Views)

★★ Pro
@hamchee92 Me too! Must confess, I really liked it back when mirrors reflected the room, windows, doorways, (and any rooms through open doorways), walls and artwork in wall cutaway view, as though walls were up, before the 9/3 patch. It just made it so much more 3-dimensional and alive.
Message 13 of 128 (1,965 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@stjmk Hopefully I'm not misinterpreting, but the mirrors actually do reflect the room in full cutaway view, oddly enough. It's when the walls are up that you run into rendering bugs. Bad news for those of us who use the cinematic camera for stuff like machinimas and house tours.
Message 14 of 128 (1,952 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure how this repair problem was missed except that no one tested in game after repairing the walls. Are we the beta testers now? Not cool considering the amount for packs.

Message 15 of 128 (1,950 Views)

★★ Pro
@hamchee92 It seems that the walls have to be completely down, or as you put it, full cutaway, for the mirrors to act right. In normal cutaway, the usual mode in which you play, the mirrors are not reflecting what you would expect to see. Evidently, they did try to correct it, but, they seem to have forgotten how it was before the 9/3 patch.
Message 16 of 128 (1,937 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@stjmk I see, sorry for the confusion. Can you recall if mirrors reflected walls, windows, etc with the walls completely down before the 9/3 patch?
Message 17 of 128 (1,926 Views)

★★ Pro
@hamchee92 I think so. At least, I don't remember it being different from the wall-cutaway view reflection.
Message 18 of 128 (1,900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This is so weird Confused I mean, they had to look directly into the mirror to check if their fix for the windows relection worked, right? How could they not notice that the walls were missing instead......?? Embarrassed

Message 19 of 128 (1,879 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. 

Message 20 of 128 (1,884 Views)