Re: [OPEN] Walls are Missing In Movers & Shakers (in Willow Creek )

by SnowieSimmer

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just want to throw it out there that this is still a problem in 2021. The walls are actually invisible as the game gives me a "wall does not exist" message when deleting them, but Sims on the lot will still act as though there are no walls (shooing other sims away when they shower, etc.). The easiest fix that you'll see right away is to use the wall tool to delete the whole wall with missing sections (ctrl+click+drag), then put the wall, paint, and doors back. I'm so sorry to anyone new to the game that doesn't even have a functional gym in their base game world.

Message 31 of 50 (1,328 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is still an issue. Why isn’t anyone talking about this? Seems like such an easy fix…. What is up with EA….

Message 32 of 50 (1,265 Views)

★ Novice

I just decided to give makeovers to these older lots and had the same issue with this lot. No matter how I try to redraw those walls, only the two towards the center actually stay.

Message 33 of 50 (1,047 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I open the wall tool. Draw the wall over the missing walls and existing walls. I then grab the dropper tool and grab the orange paint. Cursor over one of the walls that is there and hold shift and click. When I first hold shift it highlights all the walls. When I let go some of the walls are still missing. Now go back to the world map view or whatever it’s called. And go back to the gym. And the walls will be there! 

Message 34 of 50 (940 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I rebuilt both base world gyms a while ago. Even after you've done fighting M&S with its broken walls, there's still not enough washrooms, and having the door at one end of the washroom area means NPC sims all queue up to use the closest room and then get upset that they can't. Rebuild with more washrooms and the door to the washroom area either in the middle or even better one door at each end, and the whole thing works so much better! Then save to your personal library and replace the original builds in every new save.

But yes. It's a key basegame building, one of the first public buildings most new players will encounter. It's been broken how many years? And they've never bothered to fix it.

Message 35 of 50 (843 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is still a problem as of the July 26th 2022 Patch/High School Years Patch. I made a new save and its still an issue with them. 

Message 36 of 50 (807 Views)

★★ Guide

This is still an issue. The walls seems to be invisible, as my sim goes through the door and not where it's seemingly open.

This is in a completely new save, no mods or cc.

Message 37 of 50 (694 Views)

★ Guide

I just started playing the sims 4 on Xbox just the base game and tiny living and have just found no walls. This should have been fixed when it was first reported. 4 years later it still isn’t fixed 😢

Message 38 of 50 (533 Views)

Missing walls

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All minus the following kits: Basement Treasures, Bust the Dust, Greenhouse Haven
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit the Movers & Shakers Gym in Willow Creek and look at the walls in the bathroom.
What happens when the bug occurs? Several walls are missing and still won’t show up even after replacing them.
What do you expect to see? The walls to show up correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi! I encountered an issue on the Movers & Shakers lot in Willow Creek. Several walls in the bathroom are missing and even after replacing them, the walls still won’t show up. Tested with and without mods. I also tried repairing the game, but it made no difference. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

I’m renovating all the pre-made lots at the moment and am only having this problem on this specific lot so far.

Thanks in advance!

Message 39 of 50 (470 Views)

Re: Missing walls

★★★ Apprentice

Still not fixed after 4 years. Very disappointing. 

Message 40 of 50 (433 Views)