Re: [OPEN] [W] Werewolves constantly howling in CAS

by TwinGoddessLA

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
@DaveZhu You can, with a mod. I was using a mod to make sims stand still in CAS even before werewolves, and thankfully it has been updated to shut them up too. In case you're interested the mod was made by helgatisha and it is aptly named "stand still in CAS"
Message 11 of 15 (675 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion/Stuff/Game Packs/Free Packs. Do not own any of kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to create a werewolf sim in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? When choosing the 'werewolf' occult sim type, sims howl about every 30 seconds
What do you expect to see? Sims not to howl quite so much

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No. Never have used and CC or Mods on my Sims 4 game. Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Immediately after downloading the werewolves pack.

Them howling so much is extremely friggin annoying. 

Message 12 of 15 (645 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm definitely getting a mod to fix this. My poor Dad came bursting into my room the other night because he heard the excessive howling and thought I was hurt :/

Message 13 of 15 (578 Views)

★★★ Guide

This so much. I have to turn my volume off while in CAS because of it.  All the other occults have their annoying repetitive movements in CAS but at least there are multiple annoying repetitive things they are doing so you get a break between each one. All the werewolf does is howl. If they'd do anything else between the howls, liick themselves, growl .. anything. It'd be slightly less annoying but apparently they didn't give them any other idle animations to do in CAS. 

Message 14 of 15 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Sadly, this is likely by design, because it's the same way with spellcasters and vampires. They constantly cycle through the same animation over and over and over again, to the extent that you can't even SEE what you're trying to design on your character because the sim is constantly moving.  

A better option would have been to have coded occults to play through ONE animation ONCE, when that sim is loaded in CAS. Let the werewolves howl ONCE when I player clicks on them to edit them in CAS, and then have them be still, like normal sims, so the player can actually see what they're trying to edit. Same applies to spellcasters and vampires. Let the animation be an introductory thing and not an endlessly looping thing so CAS is actually usable for occult sims. 

<rant>
Side note, but I would love for whoever thought coding occults to endlessly loop through animations in CAS to sit down and try to create one occult sim in CAS, just ONE...because trying to design a sim's physique and facial features while they're constantly flopping around all over the place is literally impossible. I can't for the life of me think of any logical reason coding occult sims to NEVER stand still in CAS was a good idea, and I suspect that's because the logical reason I'm looking for doesn't actually exist. 

It's one of poorest design decisions I've ever seen for a game in which character creation/design is a primary feature, because it, for all intents and purposes, renders that feature impossible to use. 

Before I found a cheat to make them stop flopping around constantly, I used to create all sims as humans in CAS and then use cheats to turn them into their occult forms after I already had them added to the game, just to avoid that lunacy. It's ridiculous, not to mention infuriating. People play games to have fun and relax. The goal should not be to troll your customers with the exercise in frustration and futility trying to create an occult sim in CAS truly is, unless you don't LIKE having customers.

OK, I'm done now. 
</rant> 

HERE'S HOW TO FIX IT:

If this is driving you insane and making you hate the game (which I don't see how it isn't) here's how to create an occult sim in CAS without losing your mind: 

Set the voice and walk style FIRST, because after you enter the casclockspeed cheat, voices and animations will be frozen (i.e. they will not work at all, for the remainder of that particular CAS session), but due to the way occult sims are coded to behave in CAS, this is sadly the only feasible way to create an occult sim in CAS.

You have to cheat to be able to create an occult sim in CAS, because customizing a character's features while that character is constantly cycling through an endless animation loop simply is not possible. 

After you've set the voice and the walk style, hit ctrl+shift+c to open the cheat console. 

Type casclockspeed 0

Hit enter

Proceed to design your sim without losing what's left of your sanity, because now, they will be still and you can actually see what you're creating. 

If you forget to set voice and walk style beforehand, or if you hit enter at the wrong time and your sim ends up in an odd pose when you freeze motion, you can reactivate it by opening the cheat console again and typing casclockspeed 1. That will make them start moving again if you need them to move for whatever reason. To stop the madness, just enter casclockspeed 0 again

TLDR: 

casclockspeed 0 makes your sim be still in CAS

casclockspeed 1 makes them start moving again

Happy simming, all.  Standard smile 

Message 15 of 15 (489 Views)