[OPEN] [W] Tattoos/skin details being kept on beast form when transformed

by jt4293

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [W] Tattoos/skin details being kept on beast form when transformed

EA Staff

Hello Everyone!

We are not able to repro the tattoo showing up on werewolf form?

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your Videos/Pictures or some Steps to reproduce or the save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 24 (2,363 Views)

★ Guide

Steps to reproduce the bug: 

1) Create a human sim.

2) Place them on a lot of your choice.

3) Change them into a werewolf via cheat (equip.traits_trait *insert whatever the werewolf trait is here*)

4) Try to change their appearance via a mirror in Live Mode or via Manage Households in Manage Worlds (not via cas.fulleditmode).

5) Switch to their beast form. Presto!

I have to use that route to change pre-made sims into occults, since there is no option for that in CAS. In game turning is not an option for me here, because the sims would not have replay value when saved due to gaining skills and friendships while trying to get turned. Other occults with a second form like vampires and mermaids work fine via cheat.

Message 12 of 24 (2,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I originally observed the skin details issue in a modded game. I then proceed to perform additional testing in an unmodded game before creating my initial post. For convenience, I used the console command to equip the werewolf trait when investigating. This is when I also observed the issue with tattoos. I've now tested with multiple methods (console command, werebees, and ask to turn) in a unmodded game. This issue was only present on the werewof created using console commands. With this knowledge, I realize this report was in error as this is unintended gameplay and therefore not a bug. 

Message 13 of 24 (2,308 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem along with like 8 other CAS issues to do with werewolf sims, and I can't untangle if they're all connected or not. I have no mods/cc installed, I make new saves, I repaired the game 3 times, and none of that is fixing it. I don't know what to do - do I make like 10 bug reports or just one? or do I just add my stuff to this thread?

Message 14 of 24 (2,236 Views)

Hero
@ponyfhtagn There's already a lot of CAS issues threads for werewolf so check if someone made a report before.

Generally: One thread per issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 24 (2,207 Views)

EA Staff
@WingedSnek

Thank you so much for getting back with the Steps to reproduce the bug.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 24 (2,172 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

With the idea that maybe this is caused by using commands/cheats to turn sims into werewolves I took two of my sims through the trouble of getting bitten to see if that would help. It did for one but not the other.

I had my sim 'C' get bitten by Rory. This gave C a stable and usable werewolf form. On her first transformation she got a white-coated werewolf form and none of her tattoos, scars, skin details or makeup showed up on her werewolf form. Furthermore when I edit her in CAS she always has the same werewolf form as I see in game.

I then had C bite my other sim, 'A'. Despite taking A through the gameplay of becoming a werewolf, no cheats, I cannot get his wolf-form to stablise in the same way. Every time he transforms he has the same dark-coated wolf form, but when I take him to CAS the game generate a new random wolf form for him and it has his tattoos on. If I have him transform into a wolf first and then take him to CAS it will generate a random (and broken) human form for him: (see attached). I always exit CAS without saving because I don't want it to be behaving that way. But I cannot get his werewolf form to work properly.

Is it because I had C bitten by Rory but I had A bitten by C?

I'll keep poking around but there's definitely more to this than "don't use console commands".

Message 17 of 24 (2,091 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It might have something to do with the werewolf-sim's placement within the household. I'll try to explain... When editing a hosehold in CAS the game places the sims in a particular order. I'm not sure how this is determined but in my game sim 'A' was the first sim in the household and sim 'C' with the 4th.

I used console commands / cheats to remove the werewolf-ism from sim 'A' (because I do not have the patience for a whole gameplay quest for a cure) and then had sim 'A' turned into a werewolf by Rory this time. Didn't help. Tried a whole bunch of other stuff, this time using cheats to switch him between being a werewolf and not being a werewolf. Didn't help.

I saved a copy of the household and tried to edit that copy - didn't help, but I did get an idea.

Made sim 'A' a non-werewolf again using cheats. Saved a copy of him named 'A2'. Moved 'A2' into the household and turned 'A2' into a werewolf (via cheat code) and THAT WORKED. When I went to CAS I saw that A2's wolf-form looks the same as the form he changes into in gameplay, and that it didn't copy over his tattos (finally!).

All I can think is because the original 'A' sim (A1) was placed first in the household maybe that was causing the problem when loading into CAS?

(BTW, both A2 and C sims have other werewolf-CAS issues, such as clothing selection going missing from their human forms - but those are issues for other threads, I guess.)

Message 18 of 24 (2,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

So, not sure if this is the same problem or not, but it's the closest I could find. I play vanilla and I have an issue where body hair/facial hair will appear on my werewolves in their beast form. I'll get an option to shave after a few days in game, but no matter how much I have them shave, it won't leave. I disabled hair growth but it's acting like the hair has grown on my werewolves even it it hasn't grown in their human forms. For example, this werewolf of mine sprouted a goatee (that is not the facial hair he has in his human form, it's a stubbled beard). He looks absolutely ridiculous and I can't even get rid of it. My other werewolf in the save has body hair on his arms and legs and they are of a different color than the fur, so it stands out.09-05-22_11-41-59 PM.png

For the facial hair situation, I found a fix though I have no idea if it will last. Unlinking the forms and then randomizing just the facial hair seems to make this sudden facial hair disappear for the time being.

09-06-22_12-11-09 AM.png

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 19 of 24 (1,857 Views)

Re: [W] Sims with tattoos/skin details keep those on beast form when transformed

★★★ Newbie

how do you randomize the beast form-

Message 20 of 24 (976 Views)