by Urayxor

Original Post

[OPEN] [W] Tattoos/skin details being kept on beast form when transformed

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All official add-ons except 2 kits: Modern Menswear and Fashion Street
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim with skin details or tattoos. Transform the sim into a werewolf. Look for the tattoo or skin detail on sim's beast form.
What happens when the bug occurs? Werewolf beast forms are generated with unchangeable tattoos and skin details.
What do you expect to see? I'm not certain these customizations are intended to be applied in beast form. If so, then a means of editing these options should be included.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The issue is inherent to content added by the new Werewolves game pack.

When a pre-made sim becomes a werewolf, it appears that all skin details and tattoos are copied to the sim's new beast form. I've found no CAS tools for editing these on the sim's beast form. Furthermore, these customizations are not synchronized using the copy or linking system, so removing them from the base sim form does not change the beast form. The only means of editing these customizations I've found is to remove the beast form and edit the sim with the characteristics desired for beast form, then restore the sim's beast form and undo the changes to the base form.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 24 (10,208 Views)

Skin details not removed in the beast form

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? Spanish.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%).
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, all stuff packs and all kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? Werewolves, in edit beast form option, can't access to skin details and can't remove these. If the human form and the beast form are linked, if I remove the skin details from his human form, are not removed from his beast form.
What do you expect to see? Skin details removed from beast form if I remove these from human form.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? CC, only a blush and skin default.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? With game pack Werewolves.

16-06-2022_14-16-47.png

Message 2 of 24 (10,128 Views)

Re: [W] Sims with tattoos/skin details keep those on beast form when transformed

★ Apprentice

Same issue. I even removed my Sims tattoos and unlinked the werewolf form and they are still showing up on my werewolf form

Message 3 of 24 (9,951 Views)

Re: [W] Sims with tattoos/skin details keep those on beast form when transformed

★★★ Guide

Same in a mod/cc-free game, with the base game freckles

It's cute but given there's no "proper" way to remove them, probably unintended

Message 4 of 24 (9,770 Views)

Re: Skin details not removed in the beast form

★★★★★ Newbie
@Rucklia
One mod has a cheat ww.remove_sim_tattoos, helped me
Message 5 of 24 (9,728 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

hi, i had this issue- i was able to permanently (afaik) fix it by unlinking the human and beast form, then randomizing the beast form. removes all tattoos/skin details.

Message 6 of 24 (9,609 Views)

★ Apprentice
@jt4293 I'm so glad I'm not the only one experiencing this issue! I thought it was my mods at first but then I realized there's not even an option to add/remove skin details in werewolf form. I don't think it was supposed to be part of them.
Message 7 of 24 (9,543 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@barbedwirebutch I tried that as well but they still keep occurring when transforming.
Message 8 of 24 (9,525 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [W] Tattoos/skin details being kept on beast form when transformed

★ Guide

I have the same issue, but only with werewolves created in CAS or via the equip.traits_trait trait_occultwerewolf cheat. The ones created via werebies in game do not seem to have that issue, for me at least. However, I don't know about those who ask to be turned or are born a werewolf.

Message 9 of 24 (9,387 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [W] Tattoos/skin details being kept on beast form when transformed

★ Apprentice

I even changed my Sims tattoos, but her old tattoos still show in werewolf form, linked or unlinked. 

Message 10 of 24 (9,078 Views)