Clicking the Coat Color/Pattern icon in create a Werewolf glitches out CAS

by Arekkino

Original Post

Re: No CAS options when returning from Werewolf form

Hero
@Linkyop Did you try suggestions above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 59 (2,079 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had this problem, in fact, I've noticed a lot of issues since the update. I fixed it by just leaving CAS, and going right back and doing the human form first, make sure you unlink them and then do werewolves. Also, do werewolves while the sim isn't in werewolf form in the game, otherwise, it won't save the wolf design. Lots of bugs, but you'll learn how to get around it.

Message 12 of 59 (1,965 Views)

Clicking the Coat Color/Pattern icon in create a Werewolf glitches out CAS

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP's, All GP's except for Journey to Batuu, My Wedding Stories, All SP's except Toddler Stuff, My first Pet, none of the Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? click the Coat Color/Patterns icon when you create/edit a Werewolf
What happens when the bug occurs? CAS becomes glitched for all households in every save file
What do you expect to see? CAS working as intended
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now/ I removed them
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After the patch update for the Werewolves game pack

I was playing around with the new CAS for Werewolves when I came across a bug. I was editing a Werewolf and when I returned to my human Sim I was unable to select any outfits or hairstyles since none of them showed up (screenshot 3). I was able to get some images for presets such as faces or skin tones, which appeared in an overlayed state, but everything else was missing for human Sims. The CAS looked normal for my Werewolf. Then I went to the Volkov household to edit Lily Zhu since she had the wrong hair color (unrelated to this bug). I noticed in CAS that she had Kristopher Volkov's name instead of her own. Same with Jacob. So I did some testing to see how I managed to get this glitch. When you select Coat Color/Pattern when you create or edit a Werewolf CAS becomes glitched for all households and save files. Not only will the CAS for human Sims not appear, which can be fixed by simply exiting it, but names for Sims in households with more than 1 member will be overwritten by the name of the first Sim the game selects in CAS (screenshot 1+2). So if the first Sim's name is Z Y the name for all other Sims will be changed to Z Y if you select them (screenshot 2). This glitch is not exclusive to the save file you're playing in. If you switch to another save at any point while this glitch is active it will appear in that file as well. The only workarounds I have found is to either split up the households into single Sims and then edit them and then merge everyone, or exit the game (don't forget to save first!) to get rid of the glitch. You could also never edit the coat of a Werewolf to avoid the glitch, but that would ruin the fun.

Message 13 of 59 (1,960 Views)

Re: Clicking the Coat Color/Pattern icon in create a Werewolf glitches out CAS

Hero
@Arekkino I merged your post with the main thread on the CAS issues but at this point, I'm not sure if a mod is messing with stuff even if you remove them.

Have you tried a fresh folder and new save to see if you can duplicate the issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 59 (1,947 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did, no fix.

Message 15 of 59 (1,944 Views)

Hero
@Linkyop Would you mind sending me one of your borked files ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 59 (1,942 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I tried second time to be sure with laptop restart this time.

It both fixed it in fresh game and my save file...

I guess there was something triggering this scenerio. When it will happen again, I'll send save file.

Message 17 of 59 (1,919 Views)

Hero
@Linkyop Are you using scenarios in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 59 (1,915 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No. Never used them.

Message 19 of 59 (1,909 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So scratch what I said above. I just had the name oddity in my own game. It's totally unclear to me what broke the game but it seems to be a contagious bug (affecting other saves)

Closing down the game completely resolved everything but the name that 1 save. It was easy to change back though.

Trying to post what I did:

My Crinrict Sim has Rory as his soulmate and has two kids with her. I then decided to move her into my home although it's a bit tight. I moved them in while on another lot which resulted in the crib to span in the secret bunker (different issue). I aged the baby up cause they're boring anyways and it was the easiest way to unbug that.

Back in the house I sent taught the toddlers how to howl and then sent everyone to sleep. Next morning I sent the toddlers to CAS for a clothing make-over (I don't know if that's when the name change happened or not, everything was fine). Rory then transformed for too much fury

(at this point I paused the game as RL hubby came home, don't think that's important).

Once I unpaused the game, I realized that the toddlers suddenly had the same name. Rory and Crinrict were still fine. I entered CAS and everyone was now called Crinirict. I exited without saving and went back to the main menu. Loaded a backup and had the same name oddities on the backup too but only upon entering CAS, they were still fine in the game.

I this point I closed down the game without saving and reloaded. After that, all was fine on the backup and the normal game only had the issue that both toddlers now had the same name. I changed the name back and so far now all is fine and I can't duplicate what happened.

Rory doesn't seem to gain any points anymore though. Not sure if the pre-mades have issues and it has something to do with that so question for everyone:

1. How big is your household ?
2. Are you playing premades or moved them in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 59 (1,874 Views)