Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [W] Sim still has fury glow and animations after taking the *

by tinaclark75

Original Post

Sim reverts to werewolf after taking the cure

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a normal sim, get bitten and become a werewolf, do the lone wolf, wild * and moonwood collective aspiration. Finish the cure aspiration and take the cure. Return to human
What happens when the bug occurs? After a while, it seems like the sim is still gaining fury despite being human and after a while, rampages and turns back into a werewolf
What do you expect to see? Remain human forever
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm doing a eveything sim and completed all the werewolf aspirations, ending with the cure but a couple days later, they rampaged back into a werewolf

Message 21 of 39 (2,417 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [W] Sim still has fury glow and animations after taking the *

★★ Novice

I'm glad this is a known issue as I'm having the same one, my sim is now a spellcaster and still doing all the other actions mentioned before, it's gotten to the point that I disabled this pack

Message 22 of 39 (2,268 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [W] Cured Werewolf still shows werewolf behavior/glow/animations/..

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, even when I changed my sim with MCCC. She got werewolf moodlets, interactions, and behavior. Then she got a rage red glow and she transformed back to a werewolf and I can't make her change back right now. She just howls and scratches everything. I will have to wait and see if I can do anything because even restarting the sim itself doesn´t do anything.

Message 23 of 39 (2,122 Views)

Re: [W] Sim still has fury glow and werewolf animations after taking the cure

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I don't have time to read through all the stuff and upload files, but here's a quick screen shot of my glitch. She is the offspring of a werewolf sim who was originally bit by the leader of the nice wolf pack (forget the name, moon something). I suddenly remembered how much I hated the WW pack from Sims 3 and I removed the trait with the trait cheat mentioned above. I kept the accelerated run, but removed all traits and perks before removing the trait. The sim, as you can see, is a teen who no longer shows a wolf panel, but is clearly glowing red and has flame shooting out of her eyes. Normally, around the house, I don't see this. At school however, she can sniff and introduce. Today, after working out at school, she lost her fast run, and was walking hunched over all day. I assumed she was sore, until I looked at her tonight and say the fury was back. This happened once before and I had to equip and remove the trait again to fix... but it doesn't stay fixed very long.

The child in the family is Caleb's offspring (a vampire) so I need these two to not be wolves because they really don't get along when the wolf stuff is present.

Edit: I still had Carl's Werewolf Cheat Mod in my game so I just took it out and we'll see what happens. I had to equip the WW trait again because she was randomly assigned 2 red temperments again which was making her have fury, without being a werewolf anymore. So I removed them and all the perks. And then removed Carl's mod from my game mods folder.

2022-08-23.png

Message 24 of 39 (2,087 Views)

★★ Novice

This thread has been open for some time - i've just had this issue too. I've tried the workarounds that have been suggested, but now my cured werewolf sim is perpetually stuck in this rampage run animation when moving between points. He also has the full fury glow all the time - so i've had to turn off the effects. This bug is so annoying and has completely destroyed my ability to play my save.

Message 25 of 39 (1,929 Views)

★ Novice

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? My save file is completely clean - I keep having to cheat my way out of being a werewolf, but it always comes back when my sim's "fury" rises, even though she's not a werewolf anymore. 

Message 26 of 39 (1,867 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue for me. This game pack is horrible. Regret ever buying it, would have returned for refund if that had been an option...

Message 27 of 39 (1,829 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found a way to finish the cure, if you use cheats, rest object on your sim, and go to cheat needs then make happy, it removes the fury effect and the moodlet that leads up to rampage.

Message 28 of 39 (1,694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC, Windows 10 Pro
How often does the bug occur? Constantly ongoing
What is your current game version number? 1.93.129.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High School Years, Cottage Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, City Living, Get To Work, Discover University, Get Together, Werewolves, Dine Out, Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cure a werewolf with Wolf B Gone. I don't know if this is relevant, but my werewolf sim was turned into a werewolf via command, and was also a top ranked werewolf (forgot the name of the rank) with almost all the perks in the occult tree "purchased" with points.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim initially appears to be cured. The tab that shows the sim's needs looks normal, not showing the fury sphere, and when you click the sim there are no werewolf related options. However the sim still appears to build fury. They get the red fury effect when they are mad, and then start howling and doing werewolf actions. Eventually they seem to reach max fury and rampage and turn back into a werewolf, and their needs tab shows the fury meter again. They also get werewolf moodlets like the angry moodlets from high fury, and any moodlets from their temperaments, eg my ex-werewolf had sad moodlets from the guilty werewolf temperament. Using the traits.remove_trait trait_occultwerewolf command (with testingcheats on) does nothing to change this behaviour except after the werewolf has rampaged and its needs tab shows the fury meter again, the command makes the fury meter disappear and the needs tab look normal, but the werewolf still becomes furious and rampages again.
What do you expect to see? The sim to be cured and no longer have any werewolf characteristics, fury, or werewolf actions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, I have MCCC 2022.6.0, WW v170k, Basemental Drugs 7.15.158, this script, and this script. I also have a bunch of CC installed. To my knowledge, only MCCC is supposed to interact with lycanthropy in any way, in that it has some lycanthropy-related commands you can use, though I think all of the MCCC interactions are just GUI versions of werewolf commands in vanilla. Other than MCCC, I am pretty sure my other script mods are not supposed to interact with werewolves at all, but it is possible that one of those mods introduced this bug as a side effect. I can't test this as I think uninstalling the mods would corrupt my save, and I don't want to bother making a new modless save to test this. It seems like people without any mods also experience the same thing though.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I hope the devs look into this soon. It's really annoying.

Message 29 of 39 (1,601 Views)

My sims keeps turning into a werewolf after they’re cured

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 8.191
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk
What happens when the bug occurs? Every full moon my sims turns into a werewolf after I’ve drank were-b-gone they also kept acting like a werewolf
What do you expect to see? My sim to be cured of being a werewolf permanently after they’ve drank were-b-gone
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don’t have any

Message 30 of 39 (1,614 Views)