Re: Can not change nose color for werewolves

by MckinneyMini

Original Post

Hero
@Rowan73 So sounds like it's the same issue as the other thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (2,509 Views)

Werewolf eye and nose bug

★★ Novice

Hi, I’ve been having a bug with the werewolves pack. The bug is when I age up a werewolf from a child to a teen I can’t change the eye or nose colors. I recently turned the bugged sims brother into a werewolf and I had no problem with him. (I have no cc or mods in my game)

Message 12 of 20 (2,521 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had a similar issue - born werewolf aged up to teen, nose wasn't showing up, hit randomize with cas.fulleditmode on and that resolved it. This was after I had to resolve a primary bug with her beast form though, which was that my teen wolf (lol) wasn't showing up with fur in her wolf form either when I went into cas to edit her appearance immediately on her aging up, so before she'd experienced a transformation, or later when that transformation hit. Eyes, clothes, and accessories showed up normally but wherever fur was exposed including her face, it was just a black void. I went forward operating on the assumption maybe the game would wait to generate a fur pattern until she transformed - no such luck. Guessing that may have been my fault for editing in cas with the cheat running before she'd transformed at all, though. If anyone else has had a similar issue would love to know; and, just wanted to add my voice to the "this fix works, thank you" chorus.

Message 13 of 20 (2,483 Views)

Hero
@katamh There's a thread for black Werewolves here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/My-household-werewolf-has-no-texture/m-p/11566179

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (2,470 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Im having BOTH of these issues as well. Any children that age up, there werewolf form is ALWAYS black. There are literally over half a dozen bugs with werewolves just in cas. 

Another glitch I will have to make a new thread on is that any change to my werewolves body, even when unlinked, changes my sims body. This was not the case when the pack first came out, it started happening after one of the numerous sim delivery patches. Your werewolf form should NOT affect your human sims body when unlinked......

This is one of the most bug ridden packs I have honestly ever seen, especially with CAS.

NOT playing with Mods.....

Message 15 of 20 (2,137 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yep, this is happening to me on PC (NO MODS) and to a friend on Xbox....same as described. The beast form appears with nose mouth and eye area all the same color as the main coat color and you cannot change the color.....the options aren't even there. 

Message 16 of 20 (2,128 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Its both. The inside of ears, nose, mouth, and around the eyes are all one color....changing the fur color changes the nose color to be whatever color the BASE fur shade is....when you try to go to nose color to fix it the nose color options are missing. Happening to me on PC (no mods) and to a friend as well on Xbox.....

Message 17 of 20 (2,123 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [W] Can not change nose color for werewolves

★★★ Newbie

I've been having this problem too, but I've experienced it with birthed werewolves as well. My Sim had twins, both of which being werewolves; they've just aged up into teenagers, but their lip, nose and inner ear colours are matching the fur swatch of their Beast Form, and actually trying to select the Nose to change the swatch and nothing appears. 

Strangely, their Dad is also a Werewolf, yet I can edit his nose, lip and inner ear colour perfectly fine. I've tried accessing CAS from Manage Worlds, the cheat menu and from a Dresser/Mirror, yet always the same thing occurs: Their Dad is fully customisable, yet I'm completely unable to edit his sons' lips, mouth and inner ear. I wonder if Pets are having the same problem; trying to edit the twins also just results in breaking CAS, preventing me from seeing any clothing options when I try to pick out outfits. 

Message 18 of 20 (1,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same thing here, has been happening some update after the werewolves gamepack update as it used to work just fine when I got the expansion but one of the game updates must have busted it.

Basically, werewolves made in CAS don't have this problem, but anyone who gets turned into a werewolf with gameplay OR is a werewolf child and ages up and eventually gains the werewolf form will have the issue of missing nose and ear texture and the lines around the eyes, and they won't be changeable unless I edit the werewolf form and randomise the nose on it. This goes for both played Sims and unplayed Sims.

Message 19 of 20 (890 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Over a year later and this bug is still around, seemingly zero efforts have been made to fix it.

The bug even re-occurs, if you cure your Sim from being a werewolf and transform them back, as a new werewolf form will be generated.

Also, the randomize nose workaround is nice and all, but it heavily alters my Sim's face, way beyond the nose, because unlinking the sim and werewolf forms in CAS is something that's not working either.

Message 20 of 20 (593 Views)