Re: Skill bar stuck and buggy chessboard

by kasigrog

Original Post

[OPEN] Visitors get stuck at the chess game and other objects

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I found two bugs in the Sims 4:

The skill bar can get stuck above the Sim. Even after visiting other places the loading screens don't fix this problem, only found solution is restart the game.
The skill bar mostly gets stuck after playing chess on the cheapest chess board.

Also visiters that I play chess with stay stuck playing chess for sometimes more then 24 hours. If I want to ask them to leave, it says that the Sim is already leaving. He doesn't leave though, he easly keeps playing for many hours intill its own needs bars are so low he / she has to go home.

For the rest the game is running excellent.

Message 1 of 45 (3,751 Views)

Hero

Using this for the chess error since the stuck skill bar is on the known bug list.

Please make a thread for each bug or if you don't want to open an extra thread, use the small bugs list (won't get added)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 45 (3,665 Views)

Hero

@RoyaleLady Is the chessboard still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 45 (3,335 Views)

Hero

• Sims that you invited to play chess with you will no longer remain stuck at the chess table for an unusually long period of time after you leave.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 45 (3,253 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I still get this issue with the visitors stuck at the chess table. In the end I get fed up and snatch it away in build mode so they can go home!

Message 5 of 45 (3,204 Views)

Hero

Did you try repairing the game and maybe delete cache files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 45 (3,197 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree there are still issues with the chess boards, I've found that the Sim that joins a game will have a stuck skill bar after they finish playing and the only fix is to have them travel off the lot. It seems to happen more with children, but I think that's because most of the adult Sims in my household are level 10 logic anyway.

Message 7 of 45 (3,187 Views)

Hero

Oh well then. Removed solve

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 45 (3,183 Views)

[OPEN] NPC Sims Get Stuck Using Objects

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I noticed that NPC Sims can get stuck using objects and you can't interact with them while they are using these objects.

• I threw a party at my Sim's house.  They guests started playing Don't Wake the Llama and didn't leave after the party ended.  To get them to leave I had to go into build mode and move the chairs.  Using socials on them did not work to make them stop playing the game.
  • I had a group gathering and had the gaming mat in the house.  I could not interact with the Sim.  The NPC Sims were still playing the mat even after I cancelled the gathering and left for work.  I ended up going to another community lot and that reset them

Notes

Computer OS:  Windows 10

Mods/CC:  Never

Sims Version:  64-bit

Expansions:  Get Together/Get To Work

Message 9 of 45 (2,852 Views)

Re: [GT] NPC Sims Don't Get Up From Don't Wake the Llama

Hero

Did the rest of the game also lock up or did your Sims still work fine ?

I haven't had an issue with it yet but I don't have one at my home lot

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 45 (2,848 Views)