Re: [OPEN] Very High Household Bills While On Vacation

by KLoxxon

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My sims got two bills of c£99k each while on a four day vacation in Mt Komorebi. They live in a mansion in Brindleton Bay and were staying in a very expensive rental lot, but even so that is excessive and they never normally pay that much. They are rich, but are down to their last $100k now! Appliances at their home in BB have been heavily eco-upgraded and they have loads of solar panels and dew collectors, in case that matters.

In a different saved game today, a household who live in a much more modest lot, the house formerly owned by the Tinkers in Evergreen Harbour, suddenly received a $59k bill while one was in Batuu. A few sim days later, while not on vacation, they have received a $62k bill. They can't afford this second one so I'll have to money cheat my way out of it.

I can't be absolutely sure because I can't remember when my rich sims went on their ski vaction, but I think they got their first big bill after the patch last week.

I'll me too over here since I got a high bill while not on vacation too: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Bills-are-really-high/td-p/9756329/highlight/true/page/4

I'm on a mac. I don't use mods or cc.

Message 11 of 33 (2,924 Views)

★ Guide

Several million on billsExorbitant bills.jpgExorbitant bills detail.jpg

Message 12 of 33 (1,503 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My rich household who went on the ski holiday only have lot taxes of around $4800 total, because they have frugal traits and get tax breaks for their eco stuff. So, that's different from the poster just above who has crazy high bills info. But it's a mystery why they got two $99k bills in a week.

My other household who had this issue have lot taxes of c$9k. That sounds about right since I've extended the old Tinker house and the household is not frugal and hasn't done much eco friendly stuff.

I'm going to money cheat so they only pay in line with the above. But there's clearly some kind of problem here,

Message 13 of 33 (1,491 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. Two bills wthin a few days of each other, both for OVER 100k Simoleons... I only had 300k, for a 4 person household and 1 cat..This occurred while on vacation in the Snowy Escape region. Help.

Message 14 of 33 (1,450 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] [JA] Very High Household Bills While On Vacation

★★ Novice

Yes!  I just had the same issue.  No mods, no cheats.  While on vacation in Granite Falls, my bill jumped to over $98k when its been around 24k.  I haven't bought anything this week.  I haven't moved except that I rented the cheapest cabin for a day.  I only have a little over 200k.  This seems exorbitant.

Message 15 of 33 (1,418 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yes, still seeing this in my game as well. Sims went to Mt. Komorebi and get *nailed* by a massive bill! It was around 50K, if I remember correctly.

I knew Japan was expensive, but Holy Simoleons!

Message 16 of 33 (1,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same, sims couple on romantic getaway from the kids in Sulani.  The lot itself has only basic amenities, no fancy electronics, and nothing found (seashells, etc.) in their inventories.  I don't know if this helps, but the bill is only for lot taxes, no power or water charge at all.  Can't recall if this happened on a previous vacation.  I'll be marrying a couple of sims soon and sending them on honeymoon; I'll report if a similar issue happens to them.  I do use mods, but nothing related to auto paying bills.

vacay bills.png

Message 17 of 33 (1,273 Views)

★ Novice

I’m still having this issue - I just came on here to see if I was the only one! No matter where I vacation, I pay for my home bills plus the bills for my vacation lot, as well as the rent for the vacation place. It becomes an exceptionally expensive vacation! I clicked on the mailbox to see the bill run down (and to take a photo to put here), but there is no option there. I’ve got a photo of the mailbox options. You’ll see the bills total £23,029 - at home my sims pay around £11000 and the vacation rental cost about £7000 I think??

Message 18 of 33 (1,227 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this issue when I visited a community lot during bill time. My sim lives in a tier1 tiny house, however when I went back home the bill I received at planet honey pop was still there.... massive bill.PNG

Message 19 of 33 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I experienced this when I switched to another household I have'nt played for a while and had to pay 72000 there. 

Message 20 of 33 (1,173 Views)