Re: [OPEN] [VGSP] Butler wont do his/her job right - once again

by Kanelbullet

Original Post

Re: [VGSP] Butler wont do his/her job right - once again

★★★★ Guide

Same for me here, my butler pass is day doing nothing, not taking care of the toddler... and stay freeze next to the fridge, or make meals without me asking for it (I don't know if they should by themself)

Message 11 of 25 (1,694 Views)

Re: [VGSP] Butler wont do his/her job right - once again

★★★★ Apprentice

Same here as well. My butler will occasionally pick up a plate but not much else. Also doesn't cook and cooking meals is not in the list of responsibilities.

Message 12 of 25 (1,656 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello! 

I am also having this problem. The butler has not done their job right for the past 6 months at least. Essentially all they do is sit down somewhere and read a book. They only way they will do work is if I specifically tell them, do this. And even then, its limited to cooking a meal. Occasionally will repair an object. Really disappointed about this, have paid money for a key feature of the pack to be useless. PLEASE FIX THIS. It's been a problem for too long. This glitch happens 100 percent of the time.

Message 13 of 25 (1,579 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Are there any plans to fix this major glitch? Is this the best forum to voice these concerns or would directly tweeting at developers be more effective?

Message 14 of 25 (1,533 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't have Seasons. I hired a Butler for ... the Goths I think they're called in the English version? (with Mortimer and Bella (same first names in the Swedish version) ). I greeted them and then I let Mortimer play chess with them because Mortimer was lonely and bored. And now the butler just continues playing chess even though I'm asking them to take care of the toddler, to was dirty objects, I even ordered them to play piano and then I tried showing a pet to the butler but they wouldn't look. Just stuck at the chess table. 

Message 15 of 25 (1,516 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I purchased the Vintage pack the other night specifically for the butler feature, but so far I've not had any success with it getting to work. For the vast majority of the butler's time, they're standing in one spot, doing nothing. They also appear to ignore their needs, they frequently throw up an error that they're unable to perform a task until they've finished their current one (which they haven't been ordered to do) or to ensure the furniture is accessible (which it is), they get replaced each time I leave the lot and have to assign them to the bed again, and they don't do anything about visitors--either to invite them in or to dismiss them.

I do not have any CC nor have I ever used a mod; my game is completely clean.

Message 16 of 25 (1,439 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@misterambition Unfortunately butlers have been broken like this for quite some time; sorry you had to know the hard way about them and sorry that you wasted your money on a broken product.
Message 17 of 25 (1,432 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can someone experienced on this forum please advise the best way to get our voices heard on this issue? I find it totally unacceptable that this has not been fixed when it is a major feature of their pack which we all paid good money for. 

Message 18 of 25 (1,427 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@paradiseplanet27 wrote:
@misterambitionUnfortunately butlers have been broken like this for quite some time; sorry you had to know the hard way about them and sorry that you wasted your money on a broken product.

I'm sorry to hear it's been an on-going problem. It will be the last money I spend on this title (and other EA titles) until I see some fixes.

As a side note: I find the lack of developer input in this HQ to be both irresponsible and frustrating. If the purpose of having a separate forum for technical issues, bugs, and, ultimately, complaints was to sequester them away from the more "public-facing" Sims forum, then you all can count this as mission: accomplished.

I ran a repair on my game last night and saw no improvement at all.

Message 19 of 25 (1,387 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I wanted my butler mainly to be a baby sitter, so I told them not to clean the house and not to fix things. In this video, you can see the pie menue settings for the butler, and that the butler is still cleaning the dishes eventhough they shouldn't. Plus, just watching a baby screem and screem, until I wake one of the parents up and tell them to take care of the babies. Then all of suddenly, the butler starts doing their work! And changes the diaper multiple times.

https://youtu.be/dGKzawSSYsI 

Translation of the pie menue

Börja laga föremål - Start repairing objects
Börja städa - Start cleaning
Sluta ta hand om minderåriga - Stop taking care of humans under 18 (whatever you call those with a fancy word)
Börja trädgårdsarbeta - Start gardening

Message 20 of 25 (1,343 Views)