Re: [OPEN] [VGSP] Butler changes after going to another lot

by Lailantie

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just clicked me too. It especially happens when one or two household members spend a day in their restaurant and return home in the evening. The butler comes running towards the house, and it's always three different butlers taking turns. Most often, I see my current butler as a restaurant guest or beach tourist or entertainer in the lounge, while she is supposed to be at home to take care of the toddler. I also don't want my butler on vacation when I leave my kid at home.

I noticed that it happens when one or two sims or the whole household spends a longer time away travelling with the cellphone during the day. It also happens when I spend a day at the beach, but not as often as it happens when I work at the restaurant.

Message 71 of 124 (1,762 Views)

★ Pro
@Lailantie Exactly! But hey, as long as our keyboard and mouse change color to match our sims emotions, huh! LOL 😂
Message 72 of 124 (1,758 Views)

★★ Novice

Not only on PC but on the consoles as well. I’m having problems with butlers and other weird glitches on XBOX. They need to fix this....problems span back past 2018. It’s still a problem in 2021.....

Message 73 of 124 (1,689 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [VGSP] [DO] Butler changes after restaurant visit

★ Guide

My butler changes to the one I hate, no matter what I do.

I despise Krystal. She's old, she doesnt work, she sits around and reads and drinks all day long. She doesnt do any work except to dusk my desk... repeatedly. And follow me around wanting to talk. I hate her.

I hired the butlers, and Vanessa arrived. Loved her! Then, suddenly, Krystal replaces her. I fire the butler and hire a new one. This new one started with an N. I loved her! Then, suddenly, Krystal replaces her, too. I fired Krystal again. Now she shows up at my door daily trying to visit and stays on my porch for hours unless I stop what I am doing and make her go away.

Krystal arrived at one of my other households, too. After a day, I fired her. She shows up EVERY DAY to visit. I am scared to hire butlers now, because they all turn in to LAZY KRYSTAL.

Please get rid of Krystal.

Message 74 of 124 (1,624 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I also have this glitch, but for me, the butler isn't guaranteed to change each time. Only about 25 percent of the time it happens, but it is worth noting that  it only switches between 2 different butlers that  I had already edited, and no new ones are being generated. The butler settings however reset every single time. Every time the lot reloads I have to retell my butler to "stop gardening" through responsibilities.

Message 75 of 124 (1,581 Views)

★ Guide

This butler problem has GOT to stop.

Forget that the butler changes EVERY SINGLE TIME I leave the house for work (actress, so going to the studio) or the Magic Realm or anywhere...

Nyelli (?sp?) REFUSES to wear her butler uniform. EVER. She also is now refusing to cook for me... at all. I try to order her to do this and the game tells me she cannot complete the required task. There is no reason why she cannot. The game suggested counter space, adequate place to perform task... I have a big kitchen. I'm not sure why the game refuses to let the butler cook for me.

Message 76 of 124 (1,545 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This REALLY NEEDS Addressed! This same issue has been ongoing since 2017.

It's interesting to see what SimGuruNick says about this after examining a player's save file:

"We were indeed able to narrow down reproduction steps on this one, it's specific to rotational gameplay. Playing rotationally doesn't preserve butler assignment apparently. Not sure when it'll get fixed, but we've definitely got a report on it."

SOURCE: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/15720422/#Comment_15720422

So 'they' ARE aware of this issue. I just cannot imagine WHY they haven't fixed it yet! :<

Message 77 of 124 (1,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I want to add that it is not only when playing rotational. I have played with a sim for many sims-seasons and even when it does not always happen, it is often enough to be annoying. And like I say, it happens also even if you stick to one household and do not rotate. So maybe that's why they have not fixed it, because it is actually not caused by rotational play...

Message 78 of 124 (1,376 Views)

★ Guide

@babuchas01 that's true! I never play rotational and it still happened in my game just by traveling with the family.

Message 79 of 124 (1,342 Views)

★★ Novice

@MerrilynC wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get together, Get to Work. My first pet stuff, Laundry day stuff, toddler stuff, Vintage Glamour stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie hangout stuff, Spooky stuff, Cool Kitchen stuff, Perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I fly to my restaurant, then come back home the Butler has changed, kind of got use to the one we have, so I have to fire the new one to get old one back, this does not happen during any other event such as holidays etc, I just want my Butler to stay consistent, an option to keep the employees you like should be available, obviously offer a long-term contract or something?
What happens when the bug occurs? I fly to the restaurant, work, go home and butler has changed
What do you expect to see? my butler to not change
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

This only seems  happen with the butler when i leave to go to the resauran,   nannies need a permanent employment option as well, as they change with the wind

@MerrilynC wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get together, Get to Work. My first pet stuff, Laundry day stuff, toddler stuff, Vintage Glamour stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie hangout stuff, Spooky stuff, Cool Kitchen stuff, Perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I fly to my restaurant, then come back home the Butler has changed, kind of got use to the one we have, so I have to fire the new one to get old one back, this does not happen during any other event such as holidays etc, I just want my Butler to stay consistent, an option to keep the employees you like should be available, obviously offer a long-term contract or something?
What happens when the bug occurs? I fly to the restaurant, work, go home and butler has changed
What do you expect to see? my butler to not change
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

This only seems  happen with the butler when i leave to go to the resauran,   nannies need a permanent employment option as well, as they change with the wind

Oooo wow guys, didn't know so many had this problem, but my current workaround for this issue is to just turn on testingcheats, right click the butler you don't want and delete object, this way when all other butlers are deleted except for the one you want, it won't change anymore, this worked for me at least.

Message 80 of 124 (1,320 Views)