Re: Butler changes after restaurant visit

by willprot

Original Post

Re: Same Butler at every lot

★★ Novice

Howdy! The new butler spawn has been a persistent issue in my game since I bought Vintage Glamour. It's the main reason why I don't play with them in active households. Recently I decided to play with a butler for the first time in a little over and year and the bug is still happening. My household went to a birthday party at another lot and when they returned, a new butler was there. As always, I have to fire butlers or travel until the original butler appears. And when they reappear I'm extremely reluctant to travel which is just not fun. Frown 

My original butler's name is Bennett ... The new butler is some other lady I don't care to know!!

Link to the save: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wotk5kv92ici7o1/AABHfFU96YCzWiUh1gC--7Lka?dl=0

I do play with mods and they are up to date but I've had this issue sans mods, with only mc command center, and with all the mods I have now.

It's really frustrating not being able to utilize a key feature of a pack! SOS

Message 61 of 124 (1,688 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [VGSP] [DO] Butler changes after restaurant visit

★★★★ Novice

I am having this issue as well. If my sim leaves the lot for University and comes back after class, butler stays the same. If I travel to university and return, the butler has changed. After leaving again and returning (travel) my original butler returns. 

Message 62 of 124 (1,531 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [VGSP] [DO] Butler changes after restaurant visit

★ Pro

Blame it on the in game SERVO’s now. Partly the same functions as Patchy and Butlers. No wonder everything is messed-up.

Message 63 of 124 (1,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What is the actual point in this game? It’s worse than the last one. The home page for ea sims 4 says “The Sims 4 is the life simulation game that gives you the power to create and control people” why is it that the game does more controlling than we do. Sick and tired of the Sims now I purchased most packs and even then they all have faults the butlers change when you leave the household the sims appearances  will Change without you doing so. The games laggy. The game will control the sims more than the acctual player which contradicts the whole point of the game. Worse sims to be ever released 

Message 64 of 124 (1,450 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

This has been an issue since 2018, is it not being looked into? seems like it should be a simpler fix as roommates, services people, mail carriers don't randomly change when we leave lots.

I'm on PS4 so this issue is across all platforms. 

it makes me curious as there has been plenty of new content over two years, which is nice, but is anyone even looking into the errors here? are these reports being read? it honestly just seems strange that this is a 2 year+ problem, and not something that would and should be quickly corrected and checked off the errors list.

Message 65 of 124 (1,250 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [VGSP] Butler changes after going to another lot

★★ Novice

Good evening! I am also having this issue and I desperately need help. Frown I hired a butler for the first time and he keeps getting swapped out when I leave the lot/game and come back. He'll still be in my house, but the butler tag is gone, and he just leaves while another one starts running in with the butler tag. I've been trying to use MCCC to turn my butler into a vampire and also edit his traits/looks because I'm picky. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? I've tried a handful of things on google, including the 'Better Butler Mod' from sims4studiodownload.com ...unless I didn't install it right. Any help is appreciated... even pointing me in the right direction to better ask for help.

Message 66 of 124 (1,208 Views)

Re: Same Butler at every lot

★★★★ Apprentice

I've still been getting this bug. It is very annoying. At almost random, all of sudden I have a new butler that I don't want. I have to fire that butler and then hire the service again to get my butler that I want back. 

This happens a ton. The most noticeable times this happens is when my couple have a date at home. When the date is done, I notice my butler switched.
Then other times, it just switches on me.

Its always the same sim too. I don't know if deleting or killing that sim that I don't want will work or the game will just make another sim that I don't want and having me fire and rehire to get the one I want to keep.

Message 67 of 124 (1,127 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MerrilynC i'm having this happen alot. where the butler will changed evertime i going out to another lots or if i get invited to another lot and its alway different sims and i alway have to change my assign bed thing too .
Message 68 of 124 (1,100 Views)

★★ Guide

2 years on and this is still an issue? I'm having the same problem. I fired one because he was klepto and kept stealing my sims things but he keeps coming back after I travel and the bed is still always assigned to the new butler that I hired after firing him. I'll keep firing him for now. Frown

Message 69 of 124 (1,081 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yep, I've always had this issue and never understood it. I have never had a single butler stay in place, as long as I can remember.

I do have the Vintage Glamour pack, but I have no idea if that coincided with the problem or not. 

I'm pretty sick of it, especially trying to realise when it's happened and reassign the bed so that my butler doesn't fall asleep in the outdoor spa. 

Message 70 of 124 (1,001 Views)