Re: [OPEN] [VGSP] Butler changes after going to another lot

by Cyclone_Sims

Original Post

Re: Butler randomly changing, visitor management not working

★★★ Novice

The same thing is happening with me! I hired a butler to look after my kids, but every time I leave a lot and then come back I see a different butler returning back the same time as me, so leaving my baby abandoned! So annoying, seems like this bug has been around since 2018!

Message 51 of 124 (1,682 Views)

Same Butler at every lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, cats & dogs, city living, seasons, parenthood, vampire, dine out, spa day, laundry day, toddler, fitness, spooky, perfect patio, vintage glamour, holiday celebration, grim's guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Had a butler hired for long time in one household. Started a new household, and hired one for this house as well. When I switched back to play the old house, the butler I hired for the new family came in, and my old one wasn't assigned to the bed anymore. Now this same butler - the new one I hired for the new household - appears at every lot I have one hired for, even though he's assigned at a house already.
What happens when the bug occurs? Anytime I switch households, the same butler appears, even if I already had another one assigned to the house before, and even if he's already assigned to a house himself.
What do you expect to see? A different butler for every house, also to not come home to a new butler when I hadn't fired the old one.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've tried firing him and hiring a new one, but he's always the one that comes. I've also tried firing him, saving and exiting the game, come back and hiring a new one - still the same butler. This started two days ago. Sorry if someone else has already posted this issue, I couldn't find one for this when I searched.

Message 52 of 124 (1,786 Views)

Re: Same Butler at every lot

Hero
@fantasytigeress This was reported a long time ago but I'm unsure if anyone ever made a separate thread for this. It's similar to this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-VGSP-Butler-changes-after-going-to-another-lot/t... but I'm not merging as it's not exactly the same.

Will need to look further if it was just part of the archived collection thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Butler-Issues/m-p/5820066 or if we actually have a separate one as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 124 (1,750 Views)

★★★ Novice

I looked through the threads and saw where some people had had the same issue. Tried some of the suggestions, but none of them worked. It didn't seem like people had a lot of success fixing this bug on their own, unfortunately. Thank you for the help!

Message 54 of 124 (1,716 Views)

★★ Novice

2020 and still have this bug. It's honestly the only bug that's really bothering me. As a temp fix I've altered each butler that shows up into the same appearance.. guess I have triplets who take turns as my butler.

Message 55 of 124 (1,625 Views)

Re: Butler randomly changing, visitor management not working

★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick It’s 2020, It’s been almost 2 years! Are you kidding me? The bug is still there and a lot of people are complaining, even on pc! People paid extra money for this, and you only give excuses instead of fixing it. If you folks at EA cared to “find” the glitch you would just play it like the people in this thread are explaining. Im really starting to think you just don’t care and are buying time so gamers forget about it and live on. I will not spend money in any of the packs you release until this is fixed. 2 years!!
Message 56 of 124 (1,548 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It is a bummer that this issue is so persistent and yet it doesn't seem like anyone has been able to reproduce this issue who can do anything about it.

I, too, am still having the issue of my butlers constantly changing out. All expansion/stuff/game packs installed. This issue happens for me regardless of my CC setup; my butler changes when I have CC installed and when I did not as well. Any time we go to another lot, boom. New butler. I say "every time" and sometimes I can get to one lot and return and have the same butler, but any more travel and my butler will change, no questions asked. Any resolutions on this ever would be amazing, especially since the butler was such a big draw of the Vintage Glamor pack.

Message 57 of 124 (1,465 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MerrilynC Just bring your current butler everywhere with you
Message 58 of 124 (1,396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have it too. I never saw it as an issue but can provide a save if still needed 

Message 59 of 124 (1,391 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@A937113 Yeah!

@MerrilynC It is annoying though...

Message 60 of 124 (1,379 Views)