Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [VGSP] Butler changes after going to another lot

by maedhroswhy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I'm having the issue... I have 2 played households in separate worlds and the butlers keep switching between them... some times I get my butler sometimes its the butler of the other household... its really annoying because then I have to go through the whole assign bed thing all over again... I have all packs and i do use mods but they are up to date

Edit 1: Heres the save file

Edit 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw5iaab2pdmdlii/Slot_00000002.save?dl=0

(merged post, you can edit your own post. Wink )- Atic

Message 41 of 124 (2,052 Views)

Hero
@ManicPot8to Thanks. I'll make sure QA sees this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 124 (2,020 Views)

Butler Getting Replaced

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Discover University, Island Living, City Living, Strangerville, Vampires, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Perfect Patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a butler, max out relationship, leave lot, come back. (May take more than once, but could happen in one time)
What happens when the bug occurs? I formed a relationship with my butler that I edited in CAS, high friendship and romantic, no best friend or girlfriend status, I left my lot, and my Butler was gone and a different appeared in a moment.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see original butler at my lot who I assigned a bed and they were gone. I tried going back to and old save and the exact same thing happened.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

I have a romantic relationship with my butler (not a girlfriend though) and I left the lot and she was gone when she came back. I got the same issue twice. The only mod I have in MCC Command so I highly doubt that’s causing as issue there. Has anyone else had this issue?

Edit: here is the save file. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Odmpoe1ZIRtN3ktVOWVlNBl80azIT2Ey

Message 43 of 124 (2,001 Views)

Re: Butler Getting Replaced

Hero
@Jaz007-5 merged this with existing thread.

Would you be willing to share your save with the EA QA team ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 124 (1,976 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Sure, how do I do that?
Message 45 of 124 (1,957 Views)

Hero
@Jaz007-5 You can find all information in this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 46 of 124 (1,952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

There, I put the save in my original post so it's by the helpful information and context. 

EDITSo, after some more testing, it seems to be after an event like a friend inviting out or a birthday party or something like that. That's when my Butler disappears and then gets replaced for no reason. 

(merge post) - Atic 

Message 47 of 124 (1,933 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just hosted a birthday party for my toddler on another lot and when I returned, I found that my butler - that I'd had for quite a while now! - had been replaced by another one. I'd just hosted a birthday party on that same lot for another sim in the household a few days ago and the butler had not changed then, so I am not sure what the significant difference was between these two instances.

Message 48 of 124 (1,816 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here on pc and my ps4 version when i hire a butler modify it with cheats in cas then save leave the lot or even just leave the game and come back there is another new butler in place while i wanted my cas cheat edited butler in this household.

Message 49 of 124 (1,786 Views)

Re: Butler randomly changing, visitor management not working

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Dine Out, Get to Work, Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Toddler Stuff, City Living, Laundry Day Stuff, Vampires, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Get Famous.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Butler is already working, just wait ten in-game minutes, go to work/leave the lot when the game asks you, and get back to the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The butler is replaced by a different one when returning back to the lot. Though the bed is still assigned to the previous butler.
What do you expect to see? The butler I originally hired still working on the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, because I'm playing on console. No cheats have been used either.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No idea as I got Vintage Glamour Stuff fairly recently after the latest patch (as of this post) had already been installed.

Link to the save right before having to leave the lot (actor career) and with the original hired butler:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bwK0WstK9jnxtf1QuB9kKZV9qY-qqq3E

Though I have to point out this happens whenever you leave to any other lot, whether it's for work or not. Or at least that has happened to me so far.

Message 50 of 124 (1,659 Views)