Re: Butler changes after restaurant visit

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I am also having issues where my butler changes to a different butler each time I leave the house. This occurs anytime I load onto another lot. 

I really noticed it since playing my actress in Get famous bc she leaves the house and loads onto the career lot, and is leaving the house lit constantly. But this bug has been happening since well before GF patch.

I do not know about about the nanny issue. Whenever I hire a nanny it’s usually just for a short span of time and I suppose I never expected that it should be the same nanny every time. 

The butler bug is really frustrating however I as I like to have customized my butlers to go with the storyline of the household. 

The only mod I use is MC Command Center, and always the most recent versions. 

Message 11 of 124 (11,237 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 124 (11,229 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm also having the changing butler issue every time my Sims exit the lot. One time the butler reemerged inside a "wall" (narrow room without doors). This has occurred without mods or CC. No issues thus far with nannies but I ~think~ I've only used one short-term. (As soon as current household has its baby I will test the nanny.) 

Message 13 of 124 (11,211 Views)

Hero

Moving this back to bugs for now but saves would be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 124 (11,205 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [VGSP] Butler changes after restaurant visit

Champion
I haven't really played much with butlers, because none of my families has been rich enough to afford one, but this also happened to me months ago while I was playing.

I had made a butler for a particular family and hired him. But I think after leaving the lot for something and travelling back, the butler had been replaced with a newly generated one.

The sim living in that household is in the scientist career, so it's possible that after going to the active work lot and returning, the game had replaced the butler for some reason, but I can't really remember because I immediately exited the game without saving and reloaded an earlier save to keep my desired butler.

I'm not really sure how the game designates butlers. Maybe it doesn't save a particular butler to a particular household, maybe the game just considers any butler NPC to fill the role?

I was hoping to make a second household with another butler, but was worried they'd keep swapping butlers between them or spawning completely new ones.

Or maybe it was just a random occurrance? I don't know. The game seems to keep consistent mailmen, maids and gardeners for particular households... like I have two gardener NPCs in my game, but when I hire one of them it's always that one that comes and not randomly the other one on some days.
Message 15 of 124 (11,181 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey @crinrict, are you still accepting saves for this? If so, I can put one together for you.

Message 16 of 124 (11,170 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @LaR0ja

I currently don't have much time for testing myself but it would help the QA team, so yes, please.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 124 (11,159 Views)

★ Pro

As I have already mentioned in this thread -> https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-VGSP-Butler-wont-do-his-her-job-right-once-again/m-p/7...

since the season patch my Butler got replaced again while my Sims was at work. F-Sim owns a Vet Clinic (self-employed), and when she came back home, my old Butler was gone and a new Butler arrived. I have the same customised Butler since Vintage came out, and I was very happy with him after the Butler Bug was once fixed in the past. Next day when loading the lot the new Butler had a car bubble over his head and just left while my old Butler arrived again.

I didn't know about this new issue with Bulters again since I only have one household with a Butler, but haven't played it for a while. Only recently when played this household again I have noticed several issues - Once again as posted in linked Bug Report Thread.

Message 18 of 124 (11,140 Views)

Hero
Added as Needs Input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 124 (11,106 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

We have not been able to reproduce this issue at our end.

Would you be willing to send us your save files? If so, instructions are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much! Standard smile

Message 20 of 124 (11,066 Views)