by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [VGSP] Butler changes after going to another lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get together, Get to Work. My first pet stuff, Laundry day stuff, toddler stuff, Vintage Glamour stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie hangout stuff, Spooky stuff, Cool Kitchen stuff, Perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I fly to my restaurant, then come back home the Butler has changed, kind of got use to the one we have, so I have to fire the new one to get old one back, this does not happen during any other event such as holidays etc, I just want my Butler to stay consistent, an option to keep the employees you like should be available, obviously offer a long-term contract or something?
What happens when the bug occurs? I fly to the restaurant, work, go home and butler has changed
What do you expect to see? my butler to not change
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

This only seems  happen with the butler when i leave to go to the resauran,   nannies need a permanent employment option as well, as they change with the wind

Message 1 of 124 (12,227 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [VGSP] [DO] Butler changes after restaurant visit

Hero
Do nannies also change after a restaurant visit or generally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 124 (12,144 Views)

Re: [VGSP] [DO] Butler changes after restaurant visit

Hero

Hi @MerrilynC

I've tested this in my game and I have no issues.

Can you give me more info ?

• When you come back, is there simply a new one at your house or does he arrive at your house ?
  • Does it also happen when you visit other lots ?
  • Does it happen each time you visit a restaurant ?
  • What about the nanny ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 124 (12,098 Views)

Hero

Tagging @MerrilynC for more feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 124 (12,075 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 124 (12,050 Views)

Re: Butler changes after restaurant visit

★★★ Novice

I also experience the same issue. Whenever I leave the lot, my Butler is different. I have to fire the new one and then re-hire to get the old one back. I keep thinking the patch updates would fix it but so far nothing. 

Message 6 of 124 (12,025 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Hi @RachiBelle

are you using any mods/cc in your game ?

Does it matter which lot you go to ? Do you also have issues with the nanny as OP ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 124 (12,005 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, 

No, I don’t use any mods or have any custom content in my game. 

Message 8 of 124 (11,995 Views)

★★★ Novice
And no, any lot. So long as my family goes somewhere and come back home, there’s a new Butler.

I don’t use a Nanny to be honest.
Message 9 of 124 (11,994 Views)

Hero
Could you try a nanny for testing purposes ? Simply don't save after testing or use a backup to test on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 124 (11,971 Views)