by Kametisu

Original Post

[OPEN] [V] Vampires don't get Plasma from Fridges

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Easiest way is to start a club, invite vampires, have whatever activity, say Yoga. Start the club activity in your home, have any sort of plasma in your fridge, packs or whatever. They won't grab it from the fridge, but they will grab it if you put it out on tables or what else.
What happens when the bug occurs? They ignore fridges when looking for Plasma.
What do you expect to see? They should open the fridge and grab whatever sustenance they can there, or atleast have an option to allow visiting vampires to eat your plasma from fridges. They WILL eat any plasma you put out anywhere out of the fridge so they definately can find plasma on their own. Problem here is the Maid keeps putting them back in the fridge even if they're put on serving tables, so...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The problem is even worse if I put the Eat Plasma as an activity (not needed as they will feed themselves anyway if you put plasma packs outside the fridge), they will feed on anyone they find forcefullly.

So what we need is:

Either a toggle on the fridge that says to allow vampires to eat any plasma from it, or simply always allow them to grab from fridges as they do with food or normal drinks that doesn't actually use up your resources.

Or just give us a toggle for the maid/whoever cleans to not clean up plasma packs, a bit like you can toggle certain things with butlers... 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 4 (2,190 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires don't get Plasma from Fridges

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (2,043 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires don't get Plasma from Fridges

★★★★★ Guide

I realize this is an older topic, but since crinrict linked to it in the Auto-Solve Thirsty topic...

@Wintermist wrote:

The problem is even worse if I put the Eat Plasma as an activity (not needed as they will feed themselves anyway if you put plasma packs outside the fridge), they will feed on anyone they find forcefullly.

I looked at Eat Plasma in the Club interface quite a while back after seeing this topic the first time, and it was listed as a Mischief activity, IIRC. That would explain that behavior, I guess. Wink

Anyway, it would indeed be nice if I could have my good vampires get Plasma Packs or Plasma Fruit from the fridge without having to click Open to get to them, that's for sure! (At least Plasma Fruit Salad can be grabbed with Get Leftovers.)

Message 3 of 4 (1,907 Views)

[V] Vampires Don't Autonomously Drink/Eat Plasma-Related Items Left in Fridge

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Cottage Living, Journey to Batuu, Laundry Day Stuff Pack, Spooky Stuff Pack, and the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Make sure autonomy is activated 2. Create or play as a vampire sim 3. Place Plasma Packs, Plasma Fruit, Plasma Fruit Salad, Plasma Fizzy Drink (if Eco Lifestyle is installed), and/or Plasma Jane in any refrigerator 4. Wait until vampire sim starts to get thirsty
What happens when the bug occurs? Vampires ignore any refrigerator containing plasma-related items that can satisfy their thirst. Eventually, they will attack any sim if their thirst need is too low.
What do you expect to see? Vampires should be able to go get any plasma-related items placed inside any refrigerator whenever they get thirsty.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a family of vampires and I find it extremely frustrating that I have to micromanage getting their thirst needs full by only having plasma packs placed in their inventory/on any surface or just manually giving them Plasma Fruit and Plasma Fruit Salad.

It would be so much easier to just place every plasma-related item in the fridge without worrying about them accidentally attacking a sim out in the daylight. I tried using every refrigerator that I had in the game with the hopes of this working but unfortunately, all of them do not seem to work. Auto-solving doesn't fix the issue.

Message 4 of 4 (1,330 Views)