[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires don't always us 'move as ...'

by ShayminNasakura

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires don't always us 'move as ...'

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move as bat in the basement. Choose always move as bat or mist, and enter front door then move as mist to the basement below the sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot see the bat when moving as a bat in the basement. After choose always move as a bat or mist, vampires walk to the place below or above them; it's quite easy to find out when vampires move from first-floor room in vlad's house which is after enter the front door.
What do you expect to see? Vampires should move as a bat or mist to the place above or below them, also bats should be seen in basement when vampires move as a bat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There are two bugs, when vampires move as a bat in the basement, the bat cannot be seen. Another one is, after choose always move as a bat or mist, vampires Walk to the place above or below them; this one is easier to find out when vampires move from first-floor room in Vlad's house which is after entering the front door.

Message 13 of 18 (3,207 Views)

[OPEN] [V] Vampires don't always us 'move as ...'

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

There are two bugs. When you choose " always move as mist " or " always move as a bat " and teleport from upstair to downstair, they walk to there; no matter how long the way is. Also, you cannot see bats when you use bat form power in the basement.

https://youtu.be/ntAMavsg_LU

Message 1 of 18 (3,651 Views)

Re: Vampires Teleport problem

[ Edited ]

@ShayminNasakura moved your post to the bug forum. I've tested it, and can't reproduce, I don't see any bats in the basement either, but teleportation still happens. How often does he take the stairs over teleportation?

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 18 (3,615 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've tried, but it doesn't do anything.

Message 3 of 18 (3,606 Views)

What about the other question?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 18 (3,590 Views)

★ Guide

I see this as well. Really, the key word here is "sometimes". I think it has to do with minimum distance. I have my vamp set to "always move as mist" but if I only click like 3 tiles away, she'll still be walking. Would be rather annoying otherwise.

Message 5 of 18 (3,587 Views)

Do you have CC/mods? I still can't reproduce, even with a short distance.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 18 (3,582 Views)

★ Guide

I have MCCC and another mod I made myself. Note that by "3 squares away" that would be the grid in build/buy mode as a reference. This translates to "practically right next to the Sim". If you're still teleporting over that short of a distance then I'd say that would be a bug xD

Message 7 of 18 (3,579 Views)

They do, but this report is the other way around. Even one square away he'll teleport if I tell him to. 

But it's about teleporting when asked to and walking instead.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 18 (3,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Hadron1776 Please always remove all mods before reporting in here. Doesn't matter who made them. It's vanilla games only in here. 

That said,  I've seen this in my game,  especially with toddlers involved.

Checking with @SimGuruNickSimguruN though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (3,565 Views)