Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [V] Vampires can't drink from mesmerized victims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let a vampire mesmerize an NPC, then try to compel them for a drink.
What happens when the bug occurs? The vampire doesn't drink, he just stands there for some minutes before the drink symbol vanishes from the queue.
What do you expect to see? The vampire drinking from the victim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happens to vampires from all ranks. I haven't tried this much, will do further research.

Message 1 of 14 (5,073 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampires can't drink from mesmerized victims

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as this is currently functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide. Thank you!  

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (891 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Going to lean out a window and adding this without having tested myself.

Please let me know if there's anyone that doesn't see that or can confirm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (4,944 Views)

Champion

@alanmichael1, & @crinrict , this happens to my Vampire as well, and it happens exactly in the same way! I do not play with CC/Mods.  This makes the Mesmerizing Vampire perk pointless because the description makes it seem as if this is a tool for Vampires to use to get a drink more easily! Disappointed  Instead it just makes it impossible. Confused

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 14 (4,889 Views)

★★ Pro

I don't play with vampires very often, but I experienced this exact thing yesterday and I'm up to date with the Get Famous patch.

I had my vampire Sim mesmerize her victim (Mila Munch), but when I directed her to drink, she just continued to stand where she was and then after a few seconds, the action dropped out of the queue. At the same time Mila continued to just stand there mesmerized.

So, I had my vampire dispel the mesmerize action, and then she was able to drink properly.

Message 4 of 14 (4,842 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] [V] Vampires can't drink from mesmerized victims

★★ Guide

Same here (Patchversion 1.46.18.1020).

Message 5 of 14 (4,823 Views)

★★★ Guide

I get this too and it makes using Mesmerize pointless. In fact I cant seem to be able to do anything to a Mesmerized sim. I have to dispel it to feed or anything.I don't use any mods either.

Message 6 of 14 (4,680 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Getting this problem as well

Message 7 of 14 (4,310 Views)

★ Novice

it's been over a year since this post was made and i'm still having this problem. really hope someone figures out a solution ://

Message 8 of 14 (4,197 Views)

★ Novice

It's 2021 now, and... well... still the same

Message 9 of 14 (3,138 Views)

★★★ Guide

Pretty sure the original intended plan for this one was just for you to stop a Sim for awhile.  Not drink from them or anything. Like stop them from running away.

The vamps already do a little mez power when about to feed...

Message 10 of 14 (3,127 Views)