Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[OPEN] [V] Vampires are constantly disappearing and reappearing backwards

by exome5135

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampires are constantly disappearing and reappearing backwards

★★★ Novice

I've read through this thread and I have an issue that seems to fit this topic.  To get away from the Mist/Bat issue I removed all travel forms.  My Vampires have no points in Mist or Bat forms.  Now all they do is turn to Mist with no option in their menu to turn off that form.  I stopped playing them last fall when the constant mist vanish social interactions started occurring; and I have my other Sims just not interact with any Vampires given how frustrating it is presently.  I've run a repair, started a new game, and renamed to get a fresh Sim ID.  I only recently added a mod, but it has had no effect in this issue.

I only recently re-allocated the points to remove Mist/Bat forms, so I'm not sure how long this auto-mist without having that power has been going on.

Message 21 of 25 (129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So, this does not seem to be fixed for me. has there been any update to address this? have been playing with several vampires again, and non-player vampires, even ones that I have played before and where I have disabled "always move as bat", are flying all over the place. often in ways that make it difficult to interact with them, because the interaction sometimes gets cancelled or there's a routing issue.

Message 22 of 25 (100 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I have a vampire Mixologist--er, I thought it was funny, also she cooks but doesn't eat--and... yeah.  She cannot cook with "always move as bat" on because each step is a bat transformation, and then she loses track of what she's doing and I have to constantly tell her to resume the meal. 

I assumed that EA didn't test that because vampires don't eat (food), so I turn off "always move as bat" whenever I want her to cook.  (She doesn't have children--yet--but vampire kids do eat food, so even if vamps don't eat food themselves it's not inconceivable that they might cook.  She's a mixologist with roommates, and she cooks for them and also to get her skill up for work, etc.  Also, plasma fruit salad.) 

I also have another save with a vampire married couple who have difficulty having romantic conversations because "U WATTAH SUNE! *poof!*" constantly.  LOL. 

Er.  In other words, me too.

Message 23 of 25 (86 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Will this be fixed? How long do we need to wait for EA to fix this bug! It is so frustrating to keep reporting this bug only for it to be ignored every updates.

Message 24 of 25 (48 Views)

★ Guide

Disablling Fly Here As a Bat is useless, sure it works, but only for that session, if you play rotationally, they automously switch it back on leaving yourself have to switch it off again and again and again, everytime you get round to playing them

Message 25 of 25 (34 Views)