Re: Vampire flying is unplayable

by rostsit

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires are constantly disappearing and reappearing backw

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper Seems like this is a proven bug then..apparently both on pc version and PS4 version..
Message 11 of 68 (2,259 Views)

Excessive Bat-Flight

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Free Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire sim with "always move as a bat" enabled and have them perform actions, especially social ones or ones that are close together, such as filling two pet bowls that are on adjoining squares.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will de-materialise to reappear in almost exactly the same spot. They will bat fly to talk to someone who is standing right next to them, or to move a single step or even just to turn around. It's been getting steadily worse and now it is so bad that I've had to turn it off on all my sims.
What do you expect to see? Bat flight should be used only for reasonable distances. If the sim only has to walk one step or turn slightly to talk to someone it should not activate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 12 of 68 (2,247 Views)

Re: Vampires are constantly disappearing and reappearing backwards

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictI wanted to update you on the vampire situation since i did a origin repair and did some playing extensive testing of my magical sims in the game. First off, i had some issues with realm of magic, but with a origin repair, it almost fixed all the ones associated with realm of magic (EXCEPT THE CAULDRON ONE). So far my sims now can use brooms and use teleport to move places. I even seen random townies now using brooms and teleporting, so for me, this is fixed. This bug does not effect the realm of magic movement methods.

As for vampires though, sadly a origin repair did not fix their issues with the movement. They are still broken.

WORKAROUND: Turn off ALWAYS MOVE AS BAT and ALWAYS MOVE AS MIST FORM. This will prevent some of the issues with these special movement types for vampires. I hope EA fixes this soon. I still want to do wohoos as bats with my vampire family. It breaks immersion of vampires in sims....

NOTE: I also posted bug reports on open reports of the same bugs i have experienced in my game. There are quite a few of them i put updates on, so please check them out if you feel like it. I hope the information i provided on them helps with them getting resolved. If not, at least the forum has all the info i know now and all the bugs i had in the game.

Message 13 of 68 (2,215 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires are constantly disappearing and reappearing backw

★★★★★ Guide

This is definitely a frustrating bug as Sim Vampires seem to have their movement set to auto. It seems that whenever the Vampire has to adjust their position or change what they are doing they will vanish and often reappear in the same spot until the new animation plays.

Definitely have seen it often with the NAP actions like playing with clay or doing pushups.

My Sims had a snowball fight and that was such a weird experience as the one Vampire just kept warping in and out and not really doing anything else.

Message 14 of 68 (2,182 Views)

Sims cancelling all interactions with vampires

★★ Guide

I was trying to make a vampire talk to another vampire that she'd invited over but everytime I gave her interactions, the invited vampire would always "move as a bat" to another place, sometimes multiple times, and then the interaction would cancel. Or they'd just stare at one another for a few seconds then it would cancel. 

What is going on?

And how do I stop my vampires from automatically moving as bats when I'm not playing their family? I disable it always but it turns back on.

Message 15 of 68 (2,174 Views)

Re: Sims cancelling all interactions with vampires

Hero (Retired)
@SianAF148 I've merged your post into the bug report for this. Please click the "Me Too" button on the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 16 of 68 (2,157 Views)

Vampire flying is unplayable

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Activate option on any vampire that has it available to "always fly as a bat".
What happens when the bug occurs? Flying activates for each minor movement, a vampire becomes essentially unplayable
What do you expect to see? Just make it as it was - flying should activate for the longer distances only, just like magic teleportation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Recently all my vampire with "always fly" option activated have become unplayable.

They are now activating their flying for each minimal movement, literally for one step! Even if they just need to turn around without actual moving! Very annoying and I have to turn off this option now.

P.S. I am not sure, but maybe the same is also true for vampiric teleport (Mist form).

Message 17 of 68 (2,072 Views)

Hero
@rostsit Sounds like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Vampires-are-constantly-disappearing-and/td-p/97... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 68 (2,042 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

Yes, seems very similar, I guess these topics can be merged, thank you!

Message 19 of 68 (2,037 Views)

Hero
@rostsit Done.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 68 (2,007 Views)