Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampires are constantly disappearing and reappearing backwards

by simvasion

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

Aaaand not even on the laundry list. Great.

Message 51 of 68 (762 Views)

★★ Guide

Sul Sul EA,

are you not able or not willing to change these stupid things back to normal? Maby you should test things before you make any changes and release them in patches. For heaven's sake, fix it!!!

Message 52 of 68 (746 Views)

Champion

I've added a new fix to try and tone down vampires using bat or mist form to my Vampire Interactions Fixes mod. You can try it out to see if that helps this issue. They'll still use the powers to travel across a room or up or downstairs to another floor, but they shouldn't use it just to turn around and face a new direction.

If you're using the PC/Mac version of the game and don't mind using mods, you can find my site listed on the Hero approved mods thread.

Message 53 of 68 (679 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The fix worked, at least for me. Thanks.

Message 54 of 68 (653 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Mod stopped helping after 1.77.131.1030

Message 55 of 68 (629 Views)

★★ Apprentice

How long do we need to wait till they actually do something about this? It's such an irritating bug which significantly limits your gameplay with vampires. It practically forces me to give every vampire the "vampiric run" power or no vampire movement powers at all. Bat/Mist just makes them constantly disappear and reappear even when they just need to move an inch or something. Each interaction can then get massively cumbersome, especially social interactions because they keep canceling them while doing this. E.g. a sim of mine just tried to introduce themselves to Vlad but completely failed at it because Vlad kept doing this non-stop. Even if I was to disable "always use Mist Form" while playing Vlad, it would not help because they'll forget this setting as soon as play another family so then the solution is to not unlock these powers at all which is completely asinine and not how it's supposed to work. 

I tried out the community mod fix but it doesn't seem to help either. I guess the latest game patch broke it. 

Message 56 of 68 (604 Views)

★★ Guide
@Citysim9997 I think most of us tried this. All households still continue to fly anyways. It will only work for the active household until you play again, then you have to redo it cause it resets. So I get why people are complaining.
Message 57 of 68 (577 Views)

Champion
@rostsit @CreeperX234 @SisterGloomy sorry, I wasn't aware that the mod has stopped working since the July patches (I've been playing non-vampires doing Cottage Living, so I didn't notice anything had changed).

If you're interested, I've uploaded an updated version of the mod that should help tone down teleporting behaviour for sims with always travel as bat or mist form enabled.

It doesn't stop every strange compulsive teleport - I noticed that they will teleport from object to object (e.g. if you have two barstools next to each other, and tell them to switch seats, they will teleport to get to the next seat). Also involuntary movement, like being shooed out of the way results in a teleport. I couldn't really figure out why they do this - a lot of the movement and routing stuff that sims do is just a mystery to me.

But hopefully you'll notice a more playable/tolerable experience with it installed?
Message 58 of 68 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@simvasionThanks, you are a hero of modding, I will definitely try the updated version!

Message 59 of 68 (554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@simvasionThanks a lot. And there's no reason for you to apologize. Modders don't get paid to fix EA's messes (generally speaking) so it's not like people have any right to demand anything from them. Therefore I definitely appreciate the effort. I'm definitely going to try out the mod again later when I have time to play.

//EDIT: I have tried out the mod again and it's working great. Such a huge improvement. Now I actually can have them using Bats/Mist without wanting to tear my hair out Standard smile.

Message 60 of 68 (529 Views)